Basket Odds and proclaimed rare item.

Ern

Yams in my bank account
First and foremost I completely love the Easter Egg hunt idea which brought up a spike to the community. My main complaint and opinion is that I think its unfair to a lot of people who have opened and hunted more then 500 baskets and get nothing but common eggs compared to people who have said they opened only 250 baskets and get 2 to 3 pairs on white flip flops, thats like someone who has only worked for 4 hours and got paid more then someone who have worked 8 hours and got paid less. I've added the odds with 5 of my friends including myself and we only got 1 flip flop in 4000 baskets. 1/4000 compared to someone who says they only opened 250 baskets and won 2 flip flops. If you're gonna release and announce that the white flip flops are "rare" in the basket like they did yesterday after they updated and added the 4 new eggs and new clothing into the baskets i think they should also announce how many they plan on having in circulation, for examples they should have proclaimed rare items be numbered and announce they're gonna only have 1000 in circulation. I also feel as if they should announce the odds of pulling these proclaimed rare items. I think these two suggestions will make the economy much more stable. It just seems like people who put in dedication and time on hunting baskets and being on this game aren't getting rewarded and a little unfair.

VMKfan

I think the event is perfect the way it is. It was similar to the pop up crates that we had back in Halloween of 2013.

Btw weren't you one of the guys who went around stealing other people's baskets in individual rooms? ;)

Ern

Yams in my bank account
@VMKfan LOL i wasn't stealing no baskets, i only room hopped into empty rooms or stayed in one room don't try and throw shade. i wasn't here in 2013 sorry, only thing i'm suggesting is that they should number limited items like the white flip flops and tell us the odds because the odds for the white flip flops seems to be better for others, eg the person running around and said they've opened 250 crates and got 2 flip flops.

BTW. how many baskets did you open to get white flip flops? 100? 250? less then 500? pretty sure you haven't opened 4000 baskets.

Last edited:

hotcorndog

I think the event is perfect the way it is. It was similar to the pop up crates that we had back in Halloween of 2013.

Btw weren't you one of the guys who went around stealing other people's baskets in individual rooms? ;)
It is kind of far fetched to say that the event is perfect; everything can be improved somehow.

I agree with Ern that the prizes needed to be clarified a little bit. It seems as if most of the white clothing items were won the first day. Is there an rare-item cap? Did odds decrease?

VMKfan

@Ern I can imagine half of the 4000 were mine :D jk, but no I got lucky and opened one of each with only 96 baskets. Events like these are fun because everyone gets an equal chance and its totally random

I put in hard work, dedication and time in hunting baskets and also on this game. I personally feel that I deserved what I got which were the white flip flops even though I got it hours in when the Easter hunting started. But just because I got it quicker doesn't mean I don't deserve the prize. I think the rare prizes are random, so it could be at any given time and/or moment. (This is how I feel personally) But I do agree that the prizes should of been clarified since I thought the white flip flops were common at first.

Ern

Yams in my bank account
@Cloudyblue i feel you. i mean yeah i know the prizes are random but i wanna know the odds of pulling it and the rate that it is being pulled. i think telling the community how much they are planning to be circulated will make prices and the economy more stable.

You are complaining because there are rare items in the crate? Would you rather us not have rare items at all? They can't account for how many baskets people will collect so giving it a finite number is unfair for people who take part in the event later, all of the 1000 flips may have already been given away at that point. Staff doesn't release the odds because that would ruin all of the excitement and possible value behind it.

This game is more than rare items, and I wish people would treat it like such. And in case you're curious, no I have not received any white clothes yet.

Kelsey

well it also doesn't help when most people use the dash magic and steal everyones baskets without giving anyone a chance : )

Lost

well it also doesn't help when most people use the dash magic and steal everyones baskets without giving anyone a chance : )
Its based on who clicks the spot first except places like fantasyland courtyard where multiple people can stad on the same spot. So magic shouldnt benefit anyone.

Kelsey

Its based on who clicks the spot first except places like fantasyland courtyard where multiple people can stad on the same spot. So magic shouldnt benefit anyone.
ya im talking about fantasyland courtyard lol

Ern

Yams in my bank account
@Atlantis I've done my part of socializing in this game but just like in real life, VMK is the business and we are the consumers, us as players and consumers thrive on the items they release weekly and the events(services) they host daily. I've only been playing for a few months and i obviously don't know how game works but for events like these i think it would be more of an ease if they had finite number of proclaimed rare items in crates. Just like in real life a business announces they're going to release a limited/rare product at a certain time then its a first come first serve basis which is better then the odds game 1/4000 compared to 2/250, doesn't seem fair. releasing odds for these type of events will be much better just to clarify the rate of winning an item rather then just being clueless. its really just my suggestion.

iggypeach

My name is pashe
I'm fine with having rares in the baskets, it's just a lot of people have been wanting white flip flops and shorts before they were even made so having them difficult to get is really frustrating, especially when the black flips and shorts were so easy to get it

it's all about luck. there's not a single unfair thing about this and i like the way it is now, even if i've opened almost a thousand baskets at this point and have barely gotten anything. it's meant to be fun and it is fun c:

Ern

Yams in my bank account
@CoralHibiscus this is my first crates event and i'm just trying to make a suggestion to maybe make the game a little better. yeah some people get multiples while others get none but if you break it down 1 person opening two 250 crates and getting 2 pairs is not fair compared to a group of 5 people opening more then four thousand crates and only getting 1, without releasing odds it seems like the person who opened 250 crates have better odds or "Luck" then 1 person opening 800 crates and getting nothing but eggs. which is why i think announcing that there is a limit to rare items in circulation or just releasing the odds like most MMORPGs do seems like it would be more fair to the community thats just my opinion.

If there are only a certain number of rare items in the baskets, it would be nice to know how many have been opened, just so we could know if we're wasting our time or not. I'm thinking of Willy Wonka, where everyone knew when the next golden ticket was found and how many were left (though I don't think we should know who got them). Then again, this is just an idea if there are only a specific number of items released, I don't know how the randomization works with the baskets and if it goes by ratios instead.