BGR Submission Guideline Update - April 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

VMK_Rapunzel

IMPORTANT UPDATES to Best Game/Guest Room Submissions!!!
*These changes will take effect May 1st, 2018.

SUBMIT FOR NOVEMBER BEST GUEST/GAME ROOM BY CLICKING HERE!
SUBMIT FOR SEPTEMBER-OCTOBER BEST GUEST MULTI-ROOM BY CLICKING HERE!

1. Multi-Room submissions now have their own category! For more information on the rules, please refer to this thread <3 Multi room submissions are ONLY eligible for the new category, they are NOT allowed for Best Guest/Game Room.
  2. You cannot win the same category more than once within a 6 month period. For example: If I won Best Guest Room in January, I cannot win again for Best Guest Room until July. However, I can win Best Game Or Multi Room during this time period. I have a master list of winners for each month, the room they won with, and which category they won with, so this will allow us to keep track. We believe that this will allow more players to have a chance at winning the categories, and will prevent anyone from feeling discouraged. That being said, clone checks will be put in place.
  3. VMK Anniversary rooms with unlimited OG furniture are NOT eligible for any BGR category ever.
General F.A.Q, Tips & Tricks, and General Hoopla…

1. Rooms do not need to be cohesive with the month’s theme, but rooms that fit the current month’s theme are always welcomed! All submission voting is done anonymously. I do not vote, so I can’t say whether or not this has any effect on the voting process. It never hurts to follow the theme, but it doesn’t harm you to not follow the theme either! It’s all about creativity!

2. If you are submitting for Best Game Room, please try to have your room open as many times as possible during the month. You might see one of us pop in to come visit! Plus, everyone loves a good player-made game!

3. You can submit the same room each month, however I personally don’t suggest doing so. Here’s why: we love seeing creativity and how you all incorporate new months’ releases into your rooms! Seeing the same submission each month can get tiresome. Spice it up!
Other Important BGR Shenanigans Info…

1. The submission process will be changing! You will no longer need to submit via email, but by Google Form! This will begin on May 1st, 2018. Please be on the lookout for a submission link on this thread and on the Newsletter and on Twitter! Submissions will need to be uploaded to an external image hosting website (Imgur is probably the best for this! You can find FAQ on how to upload to Imgur by clicking this LINK!) *This might be trial and error for a few months and we might move back to e-mails if it doesn't work!

2. Honorable Mentions! I’m going to see what we can do about getting an “Honorable Mention” list of the runners up in each category so that we can showcase everyone's hard work. Even if it’s a quick video added on our Instagram (shameless plug @aroundmyvmk) and Newsletter! I’m not sure it’ll be implemented right away, but I love this idea! To avoid anyone missing out on winning in future months, it may be a list of in-game names! Once I have this sorted, I'll share here!

3. You can absolutely submit a room for each category! If you want to submit one room for Best Game Room and one room for Best Guest Room, have at it! Just remember that you can only win one time, per category, per 6 months.

4. There’s a chance that prizes may be switched up in the near future! A few designers have expressed the idea to revamp the BGR prizes! Be on the lookout for more information in upcoming Newsletters! I can’t say what, how, or when, but it’s definitely something we’re currently discussing!

5. Please remember that BGR Submissions are due on the 28th of each month (except February when they’re due on the 25th!). I will do my best to send out reminders from now on, toward the end of each month!
If you have any additional questions, plop them below! I can most definitely add to the list of hoopla up above at any time to incorporate any F.A.Q's or things you guys want to see on there.

***It’s important to note that these rules and guidelines can be modified at any time. They are new, so it’s going to be trial and error at first. I will update this thread as changes are made and make sure to update everyone via our Twitter (@MyVMK) with information.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to suggest that this takes effect on the next BGR cycle. I only suggest this because I know a few people who have already submitted/started submitting for this month who have won within the 6 months*

I would like to suggest that this takes effect on the next BGR cycle. I only suggest this because I know a few people who have already submitted/started submitting for this month who have won within the 6 months*
I kinda would like to suggest that as well. As I have spent the last week or so creating a game room that involves multiple rooms and now I feel like it was all for nothing lol. I understand it not being fair for those who only create games with one room and I think it's a good rule to be implemented, but if these rules could just be held off until next month that would be nice. Like Stephherrs said I know people who were going to submit rooms who have already won within the last six months.

**I know you said there was a solution for people who create multiple rooms for their games and that you guys aren't completely throwing out the idea of having multiple rooms.**

Last edited:
Overall, I think these are really positive changes to the BGR competition! I too want to express the fact that I think these should go into effect next month as, even though its the 13th, its kinda late for anyone who was waiting for releases or building with the theme to jump in with new rules almost halfway through the month, but thats just my opinion.

That said, at first I was disheartened by the exclusion of multirooms from game room, as I won both of my awards (technically all three) with multi room games or experiences. However, I love the idea of adding a solution for this, because it will still allow those of us who would like to build that way to do so, as well as hopefully inspire other players to attempt the same things without as much fear that they wont finish or anything. Hopefully it can be implemented soon, as I wold hate for it to be stuck on the back burner. I do hope this happens soon, for everyones sake, because multiple room games, rides, and experiences are my absolute favorite and I love the idea of them having their own category. I really do hope it inspires others to work together (a conversation ive had a lot, so ill save that for another time), or make multiple rooms. However, might I also suggest another sponsored team building competition? Its been SO long since we have had one, and id love to see people team up in that way again!

Cupy_Cake

IMPORTANT UPDATES to Best Game/Guest Room Submissions!!!
*These changes will take effect immediately.
  1. Multi-Room submissions will no longer be accepted for the monthly Best Guest/Game Room competition. They were previously allowed because we hadn’t had anyone submit the multi-rooms in the past. But we do not think it’s fair to allow them to be in the running against single-room submissions, so we are no longer going to allow these to be in the running.
    *However, we do have a solution for those of you who like to build multi-room submissions and work with friends! I’ll share information about that once we have the details hammered out.
  2. You cannot win the same category more than once within a 6 month period. For example: If I won Best Guest Room in January, I cannot win again for Best Guest Room until June. However, I can win Best Game Room during this time period. I have a master list of winners for each month, the room they won with, and which category they won with, so this will allow us to keep track. We believe that this will allow more players to have a chance at winning the categories, and will prevent anyone from feeling discouraged. That being said, clone checks will be put in place.

General F.A.Q, Tips & Tricks, and General Hoopla…
  1. Rooms do not need to be cohesive with the month’s theme, but rooms that fit the current month’s theme are always welcomed! All submission voting is done anonymously. I do not vote, so I can’t say whether or not this has any effect on the voting process. It never hurts to follow the theme, but it doesn’t harm you to not follow the theme either! It’s all about creativity!

2. If you are submitting for Best Game Room, please try to have your room open as many times as possible during the month. You might see one of us pop in to come visit! Plus, everyone loves a good player-made game!

3. You can submit the same room each month, however I personally don’t suggest doing so. Here’s why: we love seeing creativity and how you all incorporate new months’ releases into your rooms! Seeing the same submission each month can get tiresome. Spice it up!
Other Important BGR Shenanigans Info…
  1. The submission process will be changing! You will no longer need to submit via email, but by Google Form! This will begin on May 1st, 2018. Please be on the lookout for a submission link on this thread and on the Newsletter and on Twitter! Submissions will need to be uploaded to an external image hosting website (Imgur is probably the best for this! You can find FAQ on how to upload to Imgur by clicking this LINK!) *This might be trial and error for a few months and we might move back to e-mails if it doesn't work!

2. Honorable Mentions! I’m going to see what we can do about getting an “Honorable Mention” list of the runners up in each category so that we can showcase everyone's hard work. Even if it’s a quick video added on our Instagram (shameless plug @aroundmyvmk) and Newsletter! I’m not sure it’ll be implemented right away, but I love this idea! To avoid anyone missing out on winning in future months, it may be a list of in-game names! Once I have this sorted, I'll share here!

3. You can absolutely submit a room for each category! If you want to submit one room for Best Game Room and one room for Best Guest Room, have at it! Just remember that you can only win one time, per category, per 6 months.

4. There’s a chance that prizes may be switched up in the near future! A few designers have expressed the idea to revamp the BGR prizes! Be on the lookout for more information in upcoming Newsletters! I can’t say what, how, or when, but it’s definitely something we’re currently discussing!

5. Please remember that BGR Submissions are due on the 29th of each month (except February when they’re due on the 25th!). I will do my best to send out reminders from now on, toward the end of each month!
If you have any additional questions, plop them below! I can most definitely add to the list of hoopla up above at any time to incorporate any F.A.Q's or things you guys want to see on there.

***It’s important to note that these rules and guidelines can be modified at any time. They are new, so it’s going to be trial and error at first. I will update this thread as changes are made and make sure to update everyone via our Twitter (@MyVMK) with information.
How do u find out theme/join? I'm a noob. Lol

Squiggle

The theme is whatever you want if you want to use the months theme that's fine but not required.

Side note, Can we get a final say on whether multi-room submissions are allowed this month

Last edited:
*These changes will take effect May 1st, 2018.
You cannot win the same category more than once within a 6 month period
Hi, I won best guest room for December. I know you're implementing a "6 month period" regulation, but since you said the changes won't go into effect until May, would I still be allowed to submit a best guest room for this month? Thank you :)

Last edited:

VMK_Rapunzel

@Hopper You're welcome to submit as much as you'd like!! Since we won't be implementing these rules until May, you can submit this month for voting. However, starting next month is when the 6 month rule will go into effect. Anyone who won after December 1st, 2017 will not be eligible to keep the playing field as level as we can and have other players get their Club 33 parties!

Squiggle

Are these rules going into effect this month the newsletter forwards to the old way of submitting, where do we submit our rooms?

Squiggle

the room you submitted last gets shown so you wont be able to get 2 rooms into the running otherwise we all would lose to coral

I had a questions as well, do the new anniversary rooms count for bgr, because infinite items makes it pretty easy to make something nice and an unfair advantage to the rest of the rooms already entered with our regular inventory's. Maybe allow them to be entered next month when everyone has had a chance to get on and build with it and they can choose if their regular room is better or the infinite item room.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.