broken signature images

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Christa

I've seen these around the forums and I'm not sure what's causing it.

I've tried several different images and inputting them in different ways but I still get the "image not found" error. Is this on my computer's part? or...is it the forum's fault?

I have't had this problem with my signature but last night i was having this problem when posting in the trading post :| it kept saying "error" though i added the wording to my signature last night and it worked just fine (wording is tantalog so its an image)
The forums had issues yesterday where it only seemed to be up like every 2 minutes, then it would be down again.

Jasmine

I'm wondering if it's a XenForo problem since our forum staff haven't been able to figure it out how to fix it yet.
It could be anything, I suppose, though I highly doubt it's more of a Xenforo issue. Since all these issues (forum time being wrong, broken images, etc...) appeared after the forum downtime, they're likely server/host related issues or possibly even file permissions issues. Someone in another thread mentioned how Gravatar isn't working now for them... not sure what that could be but the whole not being able to upload an avatar thing technically is a XF issue (though it also tends to involve server files and settings) and it has a simple fix.

Bumping this up since today my siggy went capoot. Anyone know why IMGUR isnt working any more?
Not sure but thats the key word here. All of my signatures are uploaded to deviant and those links always work but i tried posting a screenshot which i uploaded to imgur and it just didn't work. Try using another server

It seems to be only imgur pictures, in both the sig and posts, and it may work or it may not. It seems to depend because I have definitely had a few pictures that work and ones that don't. I've even noticed in my signature form the exact same url may work in a post but not in a signature or vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.