Bunnies!

Hello, everyone! :)
I am a new owner of two little bunnies! I got them in Late March. They are about 3 months old. I got one, and then two weeks later, I decided I wanted to get another one, so he'd have company! They're both boys, and they're the sweetest little guys ever.

This is the one I got first:

This is the one I got second:

They're not fixed yet, so they fight if I put them together. :(
So until I get them neutered, they're separated! I let them out, separately, for at least 2 hours a day, though I usually try to give them more time out of the cage than that.

SO, does anyone else on here have any bunnies?! If you do, do you let them run around the whole house? Or do you confine them to a single room?
Curious to know and can't wait to see any other little buns! :)

Gazehound

adventureland enthusiast
there's a bun at my house, but she's my mom's more than anyone else's, so I don't actually hang out with her too often. but she is SUPER cute, when she'll let me touch her

her main residence is my mom's closet, but she has free reign of the house. she likes hanging out in the living room best. sometimes she chases the cats

I don't let her in my bedroom because when she DOES get in here, she likes to make a game of running from me and hiding under and behind things, and particularly enjoys interpreting my bed as a public toilet

I had 2 bunnies, SnowCap and Angel..

Sadly Angel died a month or so ago from a huge tumor on his chest. ): He was 7 1/2 years old. I had him for 5. When we let him out of his cage we always let him hop around the house as he pleased. He was the sweetest most perfect little guy ever. (Don't remember what breed he was)

Snowcap (Lion Head Rabbit) isn't the best listener so when we let her out to play she usually just plays in my bedroom where I can keep track of what shes doing and stop her from getting into any trouble.

----------

o and we couldn't let them out to play together cause neither were fixed but they played together thsi way..

there's a bun at my house, but she's my mom's more than anyone else's, so I don't actually hang out with her too often. but she is SUPER cute, when she'll let me touch her

her main residence is my mom's closet, but she has free reign of the house. she likes hanging out in the living room best. sometimes she chases the cats

I don't let her in my bedroom because when she DOES get in here, she likes to make a game of running from me and hiding under and behind things, and particularly enjoys interpreting my bed as a public toilet
Hahaha. Don't feel bad, mine do that too. I only allow the first one to get onto my bed.. because he doesn't do his business on my bed. But the black bun is not allowed on my bed.. Because it's like he holds himself until he gets on my bed.. Then when he's on there, he lets it all go.. Hahah it's quite annoying. Gotta love bunnies!

I had 2 bunnies, SnowCap and Angel..

Sadly Angel died a month or so ago from a huge tumor on his chest. ): He was 7 1/2 years old. I had him for 5. When we let him out of his cage we always let him hop around the house as he pleased. He was the sweetest most perfect little guy ever. (Don't remember what breed he was)

Snowcap (Lion Head Rabbit) isn't the best listener so when we let her out to play she usually just plays in my bedroom where I can keep track of what shes doing and stop her from getting into any trouble.

----------

o and we couldn't let them out to play together cause neither were fixed but they played together thsi way..
I'm so so sorry to hear about Angel.. ): That's terrible. But at least he is in no more pain.
Both of them are absolutely adorable though! :) Do/did either of them eat the carpet or chew on wires/cords?

I keep both of mine in my room for now, because they're so small and I can just keep a better eye on them from in my room. I've heard that two male bunnies will never get along though, even if I get them both fixed.. So fingers crossed that they'll be an exception!

I'm so so sorry to hear about Angel.. ): That's terrible. But at least he is in no more pain.
Both of them are absolutely adorable though! :) Do/did either of them eat the carpet or chew on wires/cords?

I keep both of mine in my room for now, because they're so small and I can just keep a better eye on them from in my room. I've heard that two male bunnies will never get along though, even if I get them both fixed.. So fingers crossed that they'll be an exception!
It's alright :halcyon: I miss him a lot but I know he was in a lot of pain before & I had him for a super long time.
I've never had a problem with carpet but definitely have had issues with them chewing on cords.. I can't even count how many phone cords I've lost due to them chewing. As well as blankets, they tend to do this whole like.. idk how to explain it... It's like they kinda lunge and push the blanket around, then dig in it and chew little holes in it.. I've kinda always assumed it was like a nesting type of thing? idunno whatever it is they've killed so many blankets doing it.

You do have to be careful with them both being male, there is a very large chance they aren't going to get along.. You can always be hopeful tho!

Last edited: