Changing Pirates Game Keys - Help?

Hi friends!

I just discovered MyVMK a few days ago and needless to say - best. day. ever. I used to play this game until it closed and I'm trying to build myself back up again (wish I could access my old account, lol). I was amazing at POTC but is there any way to change the keys? I'm using a Mac and i have to double tap my mousepad to fire cannons while steering on it... not easy.
Thanks!!

I am also on a Mac and I agree the controls are a little bothersome. You get used to it eventually, but I do recommend getting a mouse. Alternatively, someone mentioned being able to use your arrow keys to shoot the other day. Maybe that would be easier?

Hi friends!

I just discovered MyVMK a few days ago and needless to say - best. day. ever. I used to play this game until it closed and I'm trying to build myself back up again (wish I could access my old account, lol). I was amazing at POTC but is there any way to change the keys? I'm using a Mac and i have to double tap my mousepad to fire cannons while steering on it... not easy.
Thanks!!
Have you tried using the arrow keys(if allowed on Mac)? If they work you can try to play with them for a while to see how well it goes vs steering and double clicking. 'm on a non-mac laptop and it's alright playing pirates, though I do not play competitively and have been doing this for a year now(as pirates came out in 2015). Hope this helps :)

using the arrow keys on a laptop means you have to swap hands(I do anyway) if you're right handed since i prefer to do the keys with my left hand and trackpad to move with my right, it just gets so complicated haha. WASD would solve this. WASD pls <3