Clarifications on Recent Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
@Lost it does not matter the reasoning it is the timing. It could have waited. It would not have done no harm. All it did was show poor judgement. The fact that Tink got her account back says so. All it did was make people angrier. Do you want this person to lead this game. You need a person who is strong, level headed, fair and knows how to deal with people as Admin. None of those are being shown by the person who banned those accounts in the first place.

iProsper

The fact that they're staying quiet or not doing anything is not helping them at all. When has staying quiet/hiding in a situation where people are rightly justified in being upset or concerned a good idea?

This would all be over is they just said something...or DID something. And i don't mean another Abs clarification post (because that worked out so well).

NobodysHere

I don't follow the gossip or drama on the game. I just come here to have fun playing the mini games and visiting with my friends. I just wanted to make sure that the game isn't going to close down, because some of the staff left the game. My little girl and I have a lot of fun playing this together, and we would be sad to see it come to an end.

Littlebelle

They are some really good staff that resigned. I am very saddened by this. We can not paint them all the same. Let's just go with track records Since most know their names . Forget what we have learned from an ex staff member. How has each of those staff members treated you in the game. That is how we should judge who would make a good staff. Track record of one staff is appalling. I would take a poll to see how many have had issues and I think it would be shocking. You can not treat players with disrespect, verbally hurting them and not leave a path of destruction. Then all of a sudden be a great admin.

Why am I fighting so hard. Because this is the make or break point of this game. I want the game to go on. This not a drama game for me. It is me trying desperately to fight for this game.

Lost

@Lost it does not matter the reasoning it is the timing. It could have waited. It would not have done no harm. All it did was show poor judgement. The fact that Tink got her account back says so. All it did was make people angrier. Do you want this person to lead this game. You need a person who is strong, level headed, fair and knows how to deal with people as Admin. None of those are being shown by the person who banned those accounts in the first place.
I know it was poor timing, but the reasoning does come into it. The fact that Amy reversed it shows the reasoning was unsubstantiated and a blatant use of power at a bad time. It did get people angrier and added fuel to the fire, as did the opening post.

The fact that they're staying quiet or not doing anything is not helping them at all. When has staying quiet/hiding in a situation where people are rightly justified in being upset or concerned a good idea?

This would all be over is they just said something...or DID something. And i don't mean another Abs clarification post (because that worked out so well).
Honestly, I think anything they say right now will be torn apart. It is very doubtful that we will get the whole truth from both sides, all they can give is half truths and lack of proof which doesn't help anyone. It just makes things worse. Anything said now will probably make things worse because they will probably say something that will cause uproar again.

Last edited:
I feel as though it is about time to speak out regarding what had happened in regards to Tink and I. If you are interested in such a thing, feel free to send a PM, for the post would be compared to an essay. This is not to undermine the actions taken by the current staff team nor is it anything against them. It is the truth and nothing but, as I have always done. As I have nothing but respect for not only the forum staff but those in power, I will not be making any further commentary.

-Snow

Last edited:

HaleighRose

Shut up, and dance with me!
I wish this thread would be closed, there's no point anymore now. What happened, happened...
I'm sorry but, why?
We're not allowed to be upset to what has happened? Yes we get it, it happened, but A LOT of us want change, and to have change we have to voice our opinions.

If the world just said "what happened, happened" The world be a whole different place, and not a good one.

Littlebelle

The easiest but hardest thing to do is to get rid of the one staff that the majority of players have issues with. That at least would be a start to calm things down. Next new rules for staff.

1. I have no issue with staff getting credits for volunteering they are not able to make those in the game. The role of staff takes a lot of time and energy. So there should be a credit salary.
2. They are not allowed to join in host events run when they are running their events. Also prevents mistakes of typing in wrong screen so people find out who you are.
3. No hosts or staff allowed to join in individual building competitions. ( I think teams are ok since it is a team effort)
4. No private get togethers.
5. I do believe staff can have players test a game. This was done in vmk. I have helped to test a game on here. Nothing wrong with that. However, no prizes to be given out.
6. No pop up events for a very few. At least put it on twitter.
7. When you are on your character you are to set an example of treating all players with dignity and respect. If found you are not, no matter how good you are at your Myvmk staff position you will will be dismissed.
8. Keep you position secret. This can be done. It means keeping you mouth shut.
9. Be willing to treat all staff members with respect. Swearing to some might just be words but others find them offensive.
10. NO favoritism. Treat all players the same. ( however, there are some players that may need a little pixie dust which I think is so important. Maybe there are struggling with a life threatening disease so I have no issues with a staff doing something special for them. This is magical and most people feel good as well)
10. Do you job, meet the time lines.

These are just examples but if they were followed this would heal and bring stability to the game.

Last edited:

iProsper

Honestly, I think anything they say right now will be torn apart. It is very doubtful that we will get the whole truth from both sides, all they can give is half truths and lack of proof which doesn't help anyone. It just makes things worse. Anything said now will probably make things worse because they will probably say something that will cause uproar again.
At this point, I agree with what you're saying. I just wish they would say something that would put people at ease, but it looks like they are not capable of that? If they wish to salvage something out of this mess, the least they could do is the right thing. Which I'm pretty sure almost everyone knows what the right thing is, seeing as we've said it hundred times (like we're broken records).

Though it is in the midst of all this messiness, this thread is a beautiful display of the community we're trying to hold onto. I'm sure I'm correct in assuming that the reason why many of us are stepping up and speaking out against the tomfoolery that's occurred over the past couple of days is because we do not want to lose this game again. It happened back in 2008 with the original VMK, and it happened in 2013 with OVMK; we don't want it to happen yet another time, especially since we've somehow been lucky enough to hold onto this VMK for a year and a half. However, unfortunately, poor leadership and even poorer decision making will tear this game back down to nothing. I know many of us have met some wonderful people through MyVMK (I know I have.... sike! No but really I have.) and we've all had some really good times here (as dumb as that may sound, as this is nothing more than a virtual playground)... it would just be really saddening to see all of this go to waste. The reason for this uproar is not to cause drama; we just want to see the game we know and love taken care of honestly and... respectfully, I guess. Perhaps for that to be possible......... some significant staff changes may very well need to be made, not only for the well being of the game, but also for the well being of the community as a whole.

Nokuto

I'm sorry but, why?
We're not allowed to be upset to what has happened? Yes we get it, it happened, but A LOT of us want change, and to have change we have to voice our opinions.

If the world just said "what happened, happened" The world be a whole different place, and not a good one.
This is an extremely minscule problem compared to the world. I'm upset too but at this point things have gotten out of hand and this isn't going to ever end and it going to ruin everything, I'm sure they are making plans to fix things but we are just slamming more onto them

Exodus

At this point, I agree with what you're saying. I just wish they would say something that would put people at ease, but it looks like they are not capable of that? If they wish to salvage something out of this mess, the least they could do is the right thing. Which I'm pretty sure almost everyone knows what the right thing is, seeing as we've said it hundred times (like we're broken records).
There was no doubt of the community calmness and satisfaction that followed after Kevin's dismissal as an admin. It's time we restore things in a similar manner. What's the hold up?

Most/None of you own this server nor the code nor anything on vmk. Staff, hosts, designers, and even forums moderators have put countless hours and time of their own time to bring you this game and aside the amount of money to provide for servers, electricity cost, maintenance, and hardware. Want to know how much the it cost to run the forums for 12 months with all the features we have https://xenforo.com/purchase/ you can look right there. That is just the forums and not even the game. So why should any of you have a say in the on how the game operates since no of you pay for it? Most of you guys play the game and that's all. Sure you guys have a community amongst you and friends and try to make the game a better place to be. But to think that you are entitled to tell how amy who to choose for staff, hosts and etc is just silly. Amy may let you and be nice, but she has every right choose what she does with the game and not you. Buts its very interesting on how you guys filter the money, hours, and stress of the people whom worked hard. no one is perfect and things do happen it's called life. If you felt victimized in this game in any sort of way or said 'you cried for days' need to get outside and stop taking everything personally. most people don't know the full situation and will not know. a lot of what you guys hear is gossip. And if you think it's unfair on that someone got promoted for the same reasons that someone else got kicked for, so what. still not your game. (which most of us still don't know the situation and may not even be the case.). If you don't like it, leave. Plain and simple.

Zelena

Most/None of you own this server nor the code nor anything on vmk. Staff, hosts, designers, and even forums moderators have put countless hours and time of their own time to bring you this game and aside the amount of money to provide for servers, electricity cost, maintenance, and hardware. Want to know how much the it cost to run the forums for 12 months with all the features we have https://xenforo.com/purchase/ you can look right there. That is just the forums and not even the game. So why should any of you have a say in the on how the game operates since no of you pay for it? Most of you guys play the game and that's all. Sure you guys have a community amongst you and friends and try to make the game a better place to be. But to think that you are entitled to tell how amy who to choose for staff, hosts and etc is just silly. Amy may let you and be nice, but she has every right choose what she does with the game and not you. Buts its very interesting on how you guys filter the money, hours, and stress of the people whom worked hard. no one is perfect and things do happen it's called life. If you felt victimized in this game in any sort of way or said 'you cried for days' need to get outside and stop taking everything personally. most people don't know the full situation and will not know. a lot of what you guys hear is gossip. And if you think it's unfair on that someone got promoted for the same reasons that someone else got kicked for, so what. still not your game. (which most of us still don't know the situation and may not even be the case.). If you don't like it, leave. Plain and simple.
If half the staff leave then half the community leaves, there't not much left then is there? There's also no progress if we all leave. Sometimes sick people don't have much to hold onto and this game could be holding them together, please think about that before telling us to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.