Closet Treasure Chest

While I was cleaning out my family's walk in closet, I found something that I never knew we bought. Ok, let's set the scene first. We usually keep the house very organized but one place that is difficult to organize due to how small it was that. Inside the closet we're stacks of decorations for Christmas, Easter, etc. along with drawers full of useless tax returns from before I was even born and statements that were already paid off.

Ok, now that we set the scene. My mom managed to grab all these paperworks and looked through them. There was one document where she stopped and looked at it for a minute.That document was from Walt Disney World. On it, it said that we had sponsored a "brick" for the "walk around the world" program and it had this: H08-290

After researching what it was, one of those bricks were actual tiles place in the ticket and transportation center and in the Magic Kingdom. Based on the letters, there's W&E for Magic Kingdom, P for Polynesian, C for Contemporary, and H for ticket and transportation. In our case, ours is in the transportation and ticket which I find ironic because we always walk over it to take the monorail to magic kingdom and didn't notice that ours is there.

I was surprised to hear about this because I also found out they bought it when I was 4-5 years old. Thats not all, it was a shared brick because we went with a family friend. side note: I wonder how they're doing after all these years.

On the upside, I'm going to Disney on December so I would wish me luck on finding ours. If we can't find it, I'll swing by city hall to see if a cast member can look it up on their records. (It better not be by the bathrooms)

What other Disney park discoveries have you found in your house?

Last edited:

Matt

IGN: Streetlight
So this isnt an in-house find, but a kind of funny in park find. We were walking from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom, and along the walkway (that we have walked literally hundreds of times) we found a brick with my mothers maiden last name on it. When we called up the grandparents they did not remember ever buying a stone there, but somehow their names were on the stone. So we are not really sure who bought it..

So this isnt an in-house find, but a kind of funny in park find. We were walking from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom, and along the walkway (that we have walked literally hundreds of times) we found a brick with my mothers maiden last name on it. When we called up the grandparents they did not remember ever buying a stone there, but somehow their names were on the stone. So we are not really sure who bought it..
That to me sounds like a treasure turned into a mystery!

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
@mijaro WOW! What an awesome find! I actually have something really cool too that was found in my family. Several years ago I received a wonderful surprise in the mail from my Grandparents. It was an old Walt Disney World Guide along with a note from my Grandma. The note read the following.. "I found this while cleaning out some things. It is dated 1977. We went there right after it opened. I went again with my Aunt Winnie. You may find it interesting and add it to your Disney things."

Below in the spoiler are pictures I took of the guide and the letter from my Grandma:

Letter from my Grandma

Front of the Guide

C 1977 Walt Disney Productions

Magic Kingdom Map

Walt Disney World Map

Back of the Guide

Matt

IGN: Streetlight
I think I still have some of the old VMK quest cards and reward cards somewhere in my drawer. Ill have to find them and post some pictures. I know I have toontown ones too hahah.

@mijaro WOW! What an awesome find! I actually have something really cool too that was found in my family. Several years ago I received a wonderful surprise in the mail from my Grandparents. It was an old Walt Disney World Guide along with a note from my Grandma. The note read the following.. "I found this while cleaning out some things. It is dated 1977. We went there right after it opened. I went again with my Aunt Winnie. You may find it interesting and add it to your Disney things."

Below in the spoiler are pictures I took of the guide and the letter from my Grandma:

Letter from my Grandma

Front of the Guide

Magic Kingdom Map

Walt Disney World Map

Back of the Guide
Whoa, this is amazing! I never seen anything like that. It goes to shows that the park is not just old but how much the park has changed.

Side note: I'm gonna check if those movies are available on netflix. (I like old-school movies; it has craftmanship)