Cowboy Pants

joshzj

I like giraffes
I'm extremely upset that they are re-selling cowboy pants, i payed 2 firewalls for a pair and now i wasted it? it just seemed to me like they were at a point of rareness that they wouldnt re-release them.

You had to put in consideration the fact that that the other colors of cowboys weren't released, so eventually these pants were going to be released again. If you ask me, the upsetting part is that they didn't release the boots(How dare they! Rofl).

Carter

The Queen of VMK
I'm not really that upset.. Only because assuming MyVMK continues to grow in the next few years, anything that is being released in beta to some of the first users will eventually retire and be rare again. Original VMK did re-releases a lot for a many items that were still able to maintian their "rareness." Very few things even back then were released one time and one time only. I think because MyVMK is still so small and intimate, it seems like they re-release something as soon as some newcomers join only to find out that we worked our butts off for it months ago. But the reality of it is, MyVMK is still really new. The progression of newcomers is slow but the progression of the game is growing every single day. I truly believe MyVMK will be considerably more crowded this time next year assuming that the website stays running. Not only filled with VMK veterans but new people who stumbled across the site. And regardless of what is being released and re-released now isn't going to necessarily effect the economy in the long run.

As a side note, I'd just like to add that the importance of the economy and how many "rares" you can obtain is really upsetting. I remember it being bloody important in the original as well, believe me. But the social aspect is dead now. The only reason people are so dedicated to playing is simply so they can be the first and the best. Really cramps the enjoyment of playing because you pretty much are forced to do it as well. I wouldn't mind it so much if the art of being social was still existent.

I'm not really that upset.. Only because assuming MyVMK continues to grow in the next few years, anything that is being released in beta to some of the first users will eventually retire and be rare again. Original VMK did re-releases a lot for a many items that were still able to maintian their "rareness." Very few things even back then were released one time and one time only. I think because MyVMK is still so small and intimate, it seems like they re-release something as soon as some newcomers join only to find out that we worked our butts off for it months ago. But the reality of it is, MyVMK is still really new. The progression of newcomers is slow but the progression of the game is growing every single day. I truly believe MyVMK will be considerably more crowded this time next year assuming that the website stays running. Not only filled with VMK veterans but new people who stumbled across the site. And regardless of what is being released and re-released now isn't going to necessarily effect the economy in the long run.

As a side note, I'd just like to add that the importance of the economy and how many "rares" you can obtain is really upsetting. I remember it being bloody important in the original as well, believe me. But the social aspect is dead now. The only reason people are so dedicated to playing is simply so they can be the first and the best. Really cramps the enjoyment of playing because you pretty much are forced to do it as well. I wouldn't mind it so much if the art of being social was still existent.
I do have to agree with you that the majority of people on here are chiefly concerned about being the best or being the richest so the social aspect is really lacking in the game. The funny thing is that wealth is relative and depends on your definition so it's different for everyone so there is truly no one richest or best player.

well eventually they gotta let other people have chance to get stuff, i wouldn't worry though, it'll probably be rare in the future

aliceblue

You had to put in consideration the fact that that the other colors of cowboys weren't released, so eventually these pants were going to be released again. If you ask me, the upsetting part is that they didn't release the boots(How dare they! Rofl).
Those are actually the Native American Boots, so more likely to be released with that costume. ;)

You win some you lose some. Sorry you feel like you lost two firewalls but this type of thing is bound to happen in a virtual game that relies heavily on the items being sold

Lost

Cowboy pants were released every year on VMK, with about 2-4 different sets of cowboy colour costumes yet to be released before this weekend it wasn't hard to guess it would have been re-released.

As with trading, you win some and you lose some, items fluctuate a lot in value. Look at people who had a bunch of HM Clocks, they were 5 firewalls for the longest time and then dropped to finding it hard to sell any for 2 firewalls because of lack of demand. Things change.

lol everyone's ok with them releasing cowboy pants bc their precious stitch hats and firewalls haven't been re-released yet :whoa::wave:
Honestly, I won't be upset if anyone releases a set of pixels I already own. I know it would make people happy to have a stitch hat and though it would be worth nothing, I have zero problems with it.

camzilla

End of MYVMK as we knew it 5/2/2015
VMK had re-releases yearly, because people join the game at different times, never releasing items again because they were released the first few months would not entice new players to join and people that joined after day one, would not have the opportunity to purchase these items, relying only on trading. Economy be more even if items were released like they were on VMK.