Decorate a Gingerbread House Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

----------------------------------------------------------THE RULES----------------------------------------------------------
This contest has very few rules! So hopefully that makes it easy for everyone to enter.

1) The template size can NOT be increased/decreased. That means the file you submit to us will be 1750px wide by 1500 px tall
2) The "MyVMK" logo must stay on the image, but where you place it is up to you!
3) Please make this a festive house! It does not need to be Disney themed, but as this is a Disney game, that would be best!
4) We are allowing you to search for images on Google (or anywhere) and use whatever art turns up. PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING GUIDE LINES:

A) Do not steal someone else's hand drawn art and pretend you did it

B) We are specifically allowing you to use clip art from things like Disney and other popular movies, tv shows, etc for your gingerbread house.

C) Art or graphics from Disney.com or other popular, large corporations is fine to use; someone's hand drawn and sketched Mickey Mouse from DeviantArt is not.

D) Try to incorporate these images in a tasteful manner! Simply slapping them on the house is not likely to win you anything.

E) Include in your submission any sources you used. For example, my signature uses an image from http://mickey.disney.com/pluto so I would include this link in the sources area.

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, please ask!

5) Please do not copy and paste someone else's gingerbread house and pretend you made it. Doing so will be an automatic disqualification AND result in a 1 week ban.
6) DO NOT place your username anywhere on the image! This will disqualify you! The same goes for anything we feel identifies YOU as the maker of the house. If you are confused by this rule, ask for clarification below!
7) Pick either template 1 OR template 2; do NOT do two gingerbread houses, as only one will qualify!​
----------------------------------------------------------REQUIRED & TEMPLATES----------------------------------------------------------
In order to qualify for this contest, you must use one of the 2 templates provided below. The logo for "MyVMK" must be visible on the template, but it can be moved around to a more convenient place. The submitted gingerbread house must be the same dimensions as the original template file, which is 1750px wide by 1500 px tall. This means no making your image bigger, however you CAN shrink the gingerbread house in order to make a more intricate background, if this is something you want to do.

Keep in mind, if you shrink the house too small, chances are it will not qualify for a top 10 spot.

NOTE: Please click for the FULL SIZE image!

Template 1:

Template 2:
----------------------------------------------------------DEADLINE----------------------------------------------------------
Sunday December 27 @ 11:59 PM EST​
----------------------------------------------------------PRIZES AND JUDGING----------------------------------------------------------
The judges of this contest will be the Forum Staff. We will pick our top 10 favorites and then let the users of myVMK Forums vote on the finalists to determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
Prizes:
1st place- Forums Gingerbread House medal for 1st place

2nd place- Forums Gingerbread House medal for 2nd place

3rd place- Forums Gingerbread House medal for 3rd place

All who participate will get the Gingerbread House Participation medal

(Medals designed by @Frinklebumper - THANKS!)

Judging will be based on creativity and festivity. The more creative you are, the better off you’ll be!​

DO NOT PUT YOUR USERNAME ANYWHERE ON THE PHOTO!
This will disqualify you, and that would be bad.
----------------------------------------------------------HOW TO ENTER----------------------------------------------------------
Have you read all of the rules? Are you ready to enter this awesome contest? Please submit the actual image URL and the image in IMG tags as well; there is a forum prefix for you to use called "Decorate a Gingerbread House Contest" so please use it! You may type in the thread title your username or gingerbread house name, whichever you prefer.

There is a form provided below for your convenience. Please see the example provided above if you are confused.​

Code:
[img]YOUR IMAGE HERE.JPG[/img]
[img]2ND IMAGE HERE IF NEEDED.PNG[/img]

Image URL 1: copy/paste your image URL here
Image URL 2: copy/paste your image URL here

SOURCE(S) USED:
LINK 1
LINK 2
LINK 3

CONTEST OVER
Make a new thread and select the prefix "Decorate a Gingerbread House Contest".

Last but not least, if you are EVER unsure about anything regarding this contest, please do not hesitate to ask!

Happy Holidays and enjoy decorating your gingerbread house!​

Last edited:
I'd have to agree with @PhantomAvenger when it comes to using Art found online... I think if this is the case, the user must at least source the work. This way no artist finds their work stolen and it'll allow judges to understand how much of the submitted work is actually original.

"and use whatever art turns up."

Can I argue this as a bad thing? People taking other people's art work and claiming it as their own to win a contest isn't 1) fair to the artist and 2) not fair to the other contestants.

@Captain-Heather

And on that note, can I alter the myvmk logo?
In the past we have said no google for any art whatsoever, and I think I forgot to modify it this time around to say that you can use art, but not someones personal hand drawn art, but rather Disney clip art type things. The problem is last time people complained who were not artists, because they had no way to do anything but fill in lines with a paint bucket.

I will amend the rules to state more specifically what google images would be appropriate; we were just trying to make this contest as easy as possible to enter, as we had low participation last year.

Lastly, the logo may not be altered, it needs to be how it is; you can position it wherever you'd like, though :)

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
i must say.. I adore the little gingerbread badges for the prizes! they are sooo cute! thank you @Frinklebumper for making such cute medal badges! to be honest what motivated me to enter this contest was how cute they are. even if i don't win, the participation badge is just as cute! ok lol im done with expressing my excitement of it hehe! I wish everybody success in the contest! ^_^

In the past we have said no google for any art whatsoever, and I think I forgot to modify it this time around to say that you can use art, but not someones personal hand drawn art, but rather Disney clip art type things. The problem is last time people complained who were not artists, because they had no way to do anything but fill in lines with a paint bucket.

I will amend the rules to state more specifically what google images would be appropriate; we were just trying to make this contest as easy as possible to enter, as we had low participation last year.

Lastly, the logo may not be altered, it needs to be how it is; you can position it wherever you'd like, though :)

I have, a question, why provide 2 URL's if i up load it from the same place (imgur, only way I can)? Also are the links only if you used clip art? thanks @Captain-Heather
Just in case you happen to need a 2nd link because you are unsure if your PNG or JPEG file worked. You don't need to use the 2nd one if you don't need it :)

If you use any pre-made images, we'd like the sources :) If you are unsure if your image counts as that, feel free to send me a personal PM!

Let me know if you have more questions!

Hi, do I need to just get my drawing from my folder put it as JPEG and PNG and that's it? Do I need to use a website to get it as URL?

You can submit it as either PNG or JPEG and you'll need to upload it using something like IMGUR. Hope this helps!
Okay, thanks :3[DOUBLEPOST=1451214560][/DOUBLEPOST]
You can submit it as either PNG or JPEG and you'll need to upload it using something like IMGUR. Hope this helps!
I have one more question is there a way to download the image for only the MyVMK forums staff to only view it and not imgur people to view it? Like, only the URL I submit for people to see it? I'm sorry, it just bothers me that I see a view part on the bottom of an uploaded image on imgur.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.