Deletion?

I remember, that originally on VMK people's accounts would get deleted if it hasn't been active for three months (I believe). If this isn't already, I honestly believe that this should get implemented. That way, all the "dead" accounts and clones are gone. Also, with these excess accounts gone, the name of that avatar is now available for a new user! I don't know how difficult it'd be to code this, since I'm an amateur.

Uh... no.

If accounts are going to be deleted it should be done manually so to avoid deleting accounts and losing items.

I know in RS once an account is permanently banned all rares on the account are put into something called the Grand Exchange (like a general store, but anyone can sell/buy any items. Like a global general store) in order to avoid losing rares.

There's no way to inject rares into the game without an event. There's no holding place for them.

I'm for deleting clones, but accounts like mine that remain untouched for months and then I decide to come back. Don't touch my account...

aliceblue

I remember, that originally on VMK people's accounts would get deleted if it hasn't been active for three months (I believe).
This was done pretty late in the game, and it was for accounts that had been inactive for six months, not three.

If MyVMK were to do something like this, it should be published well ahead of time, with emails being sent out to affected players.

Personally, I just wish there was on option to delete accounts from our own settings.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
Please no. VMK deleted my account and it was devastating. I lost a lot of friends and rares, and it really hurt. I don't want that on anyone.

iamabigdisfan

I remember, that originally on VMK people's accounts would get deleted if it hasn't been active for three months (I believe). If this isn't already, I honestly believe that this should get implemented. That way, all the "dead" accounts and clones are gone. Also, with these excess accounts gone, the name of that avatar is now available for a new user! I don't know how difficult it'd be to code this, since I'm an amateur.
I remember that but I don't believe anyone's account was deleted. If you remember if you opened your friends list and click on a friend off line, it told you last time on. A few friends I checked weren't on line for about a good 8-10 months. So don't know if vmk really incorporated that.

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
I like this idea, but the limit should be 6 months, but with what aceastrofan said, it would be terrible to the player if he/she still plays. 6 Months definitely.

We should be able to manually delete our unwanted accounts.
The only issue I see with this would be if someone were to get hacked.
However, I'm sure this would be a rare occasion and MyVMK Staff would probably be able to restore the account and reverse the trades, if any.

If there were to be an automatic deletion of any accounts, I think there should be dramatic amount of time spent offline.
Say... an entire year or so. I would be devastated if I returned from a long hiatus and found my account deleted. :please:

I don't think there should be an automatic delete.
I know that school can get hectic sometimes and that keeps people away. Health issues could keep someone away. Even things like deployment (don't always have access to the sites you want to go on) can keep you away from quite a bit. I don't think it would be fair for someone to leave and come back to nothing, especially when you don't really have control over leaving for extended periods of time.

Ranch

through no way to vindicate revenue gains via VMK for Disney, Sulake had to use member numbers to show their efforts are worth the money. And as we all know, that number was up in the tens of millions (among a community consisting less than a 50k population) by the time Yavn announced after 6 months, inactives would be cleared.

Kind of a joke when trying to prove your product is gold. What they needed was a way to show Disney that players like me bought 2 back to back annual passes in the name of VMK. Something I would never do again.

Last edited: