delicate.

these photos emit a sense of balance and composure. they're truly beautiful and inspiring. thanks for sharing them Meg.

Some feedback would be appreciated. :blush:

i love the simplicity of the subject matter along with the colors. this aesthetic is trendy right now, and it's because people are finally realizing that sometimes the best photos don't need to be so busy. beauty is beauty. :)

just some things i noticed... and feel free to take and leave whatever comments i have haha.
please don't take my comments as criticism. i am a growing photographer/filmmaker and love to hear inspiration behind decision making :)

the photos seem to be a bit grainy (i assume you used a dslr? i could be wrong...)
not sure what your iso was set at. anything over 2000 can cause grain. unless you purposefully edited your photos to have more of the texture for a film aesthetic (as in actual film medium)

also, would you ever consider ironing your sheets/table cloth? i like the ecclectic vibe it brings, but if the creases were less harsh...or more wrinkly vs. linear folds, it might create a more pleasing aesthetic. but please tell me if i am mistaken! :)

Megara

no sleep club
i love the simplicity of the subject matter along with the colors. this aesthetic is trendy right now, and it's because people are finally realizing that sometimes the best photos don't need to be so busy. beauty is beauty. :)

just some things i noticed... and feel free to take and leave whatever comments i have haha.
please don't take my comments as criticism. i am a growing photographer/filmmaker and love to hear inspiration behind decision making :)

the photos seem to be a bit grainy (i assume you used a dslr? i could be wrong...)
not sure what your iso was set at. anything over 2000 can cause grain. unless you purposefully edited your photos to have more of the texture for a film aesthetic (as in actual film medium)

also, would you ever consider ironing your sheets/table cloth? i like the ecclectic vibe it brings, but if the creases were less harsh...or more wrinkly vs. linear folds, it might create a more pleasing aesthetic. but please tell me if i am mistaken! :)
Ah, thank you for this comment!

Yes, I've always been a fan of simplicity. All my photos don't really have much going on in them. I used to shoot a ton of b&w - just recently started playing around with color.

I love shooting film (my Asahi Pentax K1000 is a dream to me), and I tend to have a soft spot for how film looks, so yes, anything I shoot with my DSLR I always find myself editing in the direction of a film-esque look. I don't know how it happens, I can't help myself. :blush:

I agree with you completely about the ironing of the sheets. I know I wanted that blueish color, and I found those pillow cases tucked away in the closet. As soon as I saw them I was like "oh goodness, so many creases." I knew it would be a problem, because it would be hard for eyes to not go towards the lines when I wanted the focus to be on my hands and flower. It's difficult to iron anything in this house though (we hardly iron anything unless it's a special occasion - we don't have an ironing table and the kitchen table was cluttered at the time). The photos were also just an idea I was trying out, so I figured if I wanted to do something like that again I'd need to set a day to clean the table off so I can iron those pillow cases. I tried my best to soften the lines on the computer - the original looked 10x worse. :no:

Thank you so much for this comment, again. I appreciate the feedback. :)

Ah, thank you for this comment!

Yes, I've always been a fan of simplicity. All my photos don't really have much going on in them. I used to shoot a ton of b&w - just recently started playing around with color.

I love shooting film (my Asahi Pentax K1000 is a dream to me), and I tend to have a soft spot for how film looks, so yes, anything I shoot with my DSLR I always find myself editing in the direction of a film-esque look. I don't know how it happens, I can't help myself. :blush:

I agree with you completely about the ironing of the sheets. I know I wanted that blueish color, and I found those pillow cases tucked away in the closet. As soon as I saw them I was like "oh goodness, so many creases." I knew it would be a problem, because it would be hard for eyes to not go towards the lines when I wanted the focus to be on my hands and flower. It's difficult to iron anything in this house though (we hardly iron anything unless it's a special occasion - we don't have an ironing table and the kitchen table was cluttered at the time). The photos were also just an idea I was trying out, so I figured if I wanted to do something like that again I'd need to set a day to clean the table off so I can iron those pillow cases. I tried my best to soften the lines on the computer - the original looked 10x worse. :no:

Thank you so much for this comment, again. I appreciate the feedback. :)
for sure. i love checkin out new photos and videos ;)