Design a Pumpkin Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in regards to the template.. Are we allowed to smudge or anything the outline, to make it look realistic?
You may smudge it as long as it keeps the original look of the template. Also, make sure to keep the logo in the corner. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I started working on mine and it's a lot of fun! I was wondering if we need to keep the same size dimensions? As I like working with a smaller canvas, it's still large (about 650 px in width) but I don't know if we need to keep it gigantic?
After further discussion, we decided that you can shrink the template size down, if you need to. We realized that many traditional artists don't have access to a scanner, so photos of their pumpkin will look smaller than the digital artists who are able to keep the larger size.

Please use your best judgement! If you shrink your pumpkin down to some incredibly tiny size, it won't be allowed in the competition. If you want to run by us the size you are shrinking it to, please do!

We HIGHLY encourage you to keep the original size of the pumpkin!

ACCEPTABLE IMAGE SIZES
3300 x 2550 px (original size)
2500 x 1932 px
2000 x 1545 px
1500 x 1159 px
1000 x 773 px
750 x 580 px
Sizes between the original and smallest listed here are OK if kept proportional

Pumpkins smaller than 750 x 580 px are most likely going to get you a PM asking for a larger resolution size. Sizes in between full-size (3300 x 2550 px) and the smallest listed size (750 x 580 px) are OK, we mostly want you to maintain proportions when you shrink the pumpkin down. DO NOT make it some long/tall/skinny/fat combination. Those will be automatically disqualified. If you are unable to figure out how to maintain proportions when shrinking your pumpkin, use one of the guidelines I posted just above this paragraph.

Please ask if you have questions!

Thanks~[DOUBLEPOST=1412353731][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh one more question!

Does the pumpkin need to be the same proportions on the background as in the template file?
(not like length width wise, i understand that you answered that already; but i mean size in comparison to background)
We would like you to maintain it as best you can. The only reason you'd need to have a larger space outside the pumpkin is if you are drawing -really- far outside the lines.

You are allowed to do this, but as I've said, keep it as close as you can. If we won't allow it, we'll be sure to let you know when you submit it. Or feel free to do a rough mock-up and I can let you know.

:)

asyuna

everytime I keep trying to resize the digital image it keeps coming out all black with a silver outline for the pumpkin! anyone know why? im terrible with computers... I mean I can use the black actually if thats acceptable?
EDIT: fixed the problem!! :)

Question, does something with Disney have to be included? I mean yes it's a Disney game.... but I'm stumped on where to start and such since I saw that particular "requirement".
Edit: "
  • You may only use Disney images in your pumpkin submission. Characters or artwork from other sources must be recreated. See below for more information. "

Question, does something with Disney have to be included? I mean yes it's a Disney game.... but I'm stumped on where to start and such since I saw that particular "requirement".
Edit: "
  • You may only use Disney images in your pumpkin submission. Characters or artwork from other sources must be recreated. See below for more information. "
No, you can use other characters! Or something completely original, totally up to you. In the "see below" section you can see we say you are allowed to use things like Hello Kitty, but those have to be self created. So don't feel limited to Disney :)

If this doesn't answer your question or you have others, please let me know!

I'm actually really excited for this! It got me back into drawing again :D
And now i am almost done with my pumpkin too! I finished the background and now i'm adding the pumpkin design XD

I can't wait to see other peoples pumpkins! I hope everyone else is having as much fun with this as I am ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.