Disney College Program WDW Question!

Izabelle

Hey guys :)

So I plan on doing the DCP in WDW in January 2016 and I do not understand the difference between the Spring and Spring Advantage besides the few months difference.

I know I can extend if I choose the Spring, but can I extend with the advantage as well?

TELL ME YOUR STORIES!!!!

Izabelle

Hey everyone! If you have done the college program PLEASE answer these few questions.

1) How many times did you apply before you got in?
2) What term were you in? Ex: Spring Advantage, Fall, etc.
3) What dorm did you live at? (Is Vista Way actually dirty?)
4) What area did you work in? Ex: QSFB, Merchandise, etc.

THANK YOU

LuauLilo

I know we've talked briefly about this before but I'll answer what I can! :)
1) this was my first time applying
2) spring program
3) I'm hoping for Patterson haha.. I'll let you know about the Vista rumors when I get there
4) character performer

PM me if you have any more questions :)

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
Yes you can extend with the advantage as well. Advantage gets you in a few months early. You can extend to another advantage if you choose.

Annie

Item Hoarder <3
Hey guys :)

So I plan on doing the DCP in WDW in January 2016 and I do not understand the difference between the Spring and Spring Advantage besides the few months difference.

I know I can extend if I choose the Spring, but can I extend with the advantage as well?

TELL ME YOUR STORIES!!!!
Hey everyone! If you have done the college program PLEASE answer these few questions.

THANK YOU
Hello :)

I decided to apply for the Spring as well due to school issues. (I actually think I just maybe added you to the Spring facebook page?!)
Anyways, With Spring, You can apply for Spring or Spring Advantage. Its a little different from Fall/Fall Adv. During the fall, you would leave in august/sept. And in Fall advantage, You would leave BEFORE the summer. Both programs end the first week of January.
In Spring, the dates a kind of flipped. Everyone goes down in the end of january roughly. Just Spring will stay through May, while Spring Adv will run though the summer.

Either Program, you can apply to extend! With Just Spring, you can extend till January! And for fall, you extend to the begginning of summer! (Dont quote me of actual dates, as I have just always applied for Fall!)

1. I have applied a total of 2 times. The first time, I had NO Idea what I was doing, as was pended till the last week for beofre getting No Longer In Consideration, or NLIC for short. The second time, I was Accepted! But, due to unforeseen circumstances at home with financial issues, I had to decline. (And it SO Sucked. So, save save save!)

2. I would have done Fall Advantage for main entrance operations.

3. I didnt care where I would have been, but I really wanted the Commons since it had a washer and dryer in the apartment! And for the record, My friend got Vista Way, and said it wasnt as bad as everyone says it is! (And she would totally tell me if it sucked).

4. I didnt ever allow myself to find out because I knew it would have made me sad if I got somewhere I would have loved.

I feel like I am a Disney freak. So, If you have annny other questions about the program, just ask! Because I love talking about the DCP, and roughly 7 more months till applications for Spring. WOO!

Okay im done. :)

Izabelle

Hello :)

I decided to apply for the Spring as well due to school issues. (I actually think I just maybe added you to the Spring facebook page?!)
Anyways, With Spring, You can apply for Spring or Spring Advantage. Its a little different from Fall/Fall Adv. During the fall, you would leave in august/sept. And in Fall advantage, You would leave BEFORE the summer. Both programs end the first week of January.
In Spring, the dates a kind of flipped. Everyone goes down in the end of january roughly. Just Spring will stay through May, while Spring Adv will run though the summer.

Either Program, you can apply to extend! With Just Spring, you can extend till January! And for fall, you extend to the begginning of summer! (Dont quote me of actual dates, as I have just always applied for Fall!)

1. I have applied a total of 2 times. The first time, I had NO Idea what I was doing, as was pended till the last week for beofre getting No Longer In Consideration, or NLIC for short. The second time, I was Accepted! But, due to unforeseen circumstances at home with financial issues, I had to decline. (And it SO Sucked. So, save save save!)

2. I would have done Fall Advantage for main entrance operations.

3. I didnt care where I would have been, but I really wanted the Commons since it had a washer and dryer in the apartment! And for the record, My friend got Vista Way, and said it wasnt as bad as everyone says it is! (And she would totally tell me if it sucked).

4. I didnt ever allow myself to find out because I knew it would have made me sad if I got somewhere I would have loved.

I feel like I am a Disney freak. So, If you have annny other questions about the program, just ask! Because I love talking about the DCP, and roughly 7 more months till applications for Spring. WOO!

Okay im done. :)

You did add me!!! Ugh I am stuck in submission :( I was put there 5 mins after I applied!

Annie

Item Hoarder <3
You did add me!!! Ugh I am stuck in submission :( I was put there 5 mins after I applied!
Oh! Don't let it be the end of you! You never know what will happen! Keep your head up! Maybe you just applied when a ton of others did and they are still trying to process everyone! You'll do great! Good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plunderpirate

It's just the month length that's different mostly.

I was accepted my first time applying for the program, back in 2013.

I was Spring Advantage 2013 in Florida

Patterson. Vista wasn't bad by any means. It just has a bad reputation. The apartments are older, but they still come with everything that Patterson had, and they were less expensive too. I wanted to have a brand new apartment though and I was skeeved out by the reviews of Vista, so I went with Patterson. If I were to do it again though I would have no problem living at Vista.

I did QSFB in Magic Kingdom. Liberty Square, Frontierland, and Adventureland. Also you can pick shifts up where you don't need training too, so my friends and I would work Fantasmic every now and then or PAC, which is guest control, in MK for the parades and fireworks which were tons of fun. Basically you get paid to walk Main Street and tell people to keep moving and not block walkways, and you get to see the fireworks from a good spot too :)

Any other questions, let me know or send me a message! I did both coasts so I can answer anything about Disneyland too.

rfsoaring

ThunderCat for life
So I'm 2 months late to this conversation but:

1) How many times did you apply before you got in? once for each program (I've done two)
2) What term were you in? Spring 2013 and Fall Advantage 2014
3) What dorm did you live at? Chatham 2013, Patterson 2014
4) What area did you work in? QSFB Studio Catering Company DHS 2013, Big Thunder Mountain MK 2014

It's kind of difficult to decide which one to do. My original time there was just Spring (Jan-May) and it was almost perfect but maybe just a little too short. My second program was Fall Advantage (May-Jan) and it was so much longer I was really burnt out by the end of it and pretty done with everything. I would almost suggest doing a shorter term because it gives you a better option to get out if you want to, but it also allows you to extend and potentially change roles or locations if you want to, where as if you do advantage you're stuck where you are whether you like it or not for 9 months.