Disney College Program

The Disney College Program is one of the best things I ever did with my life. It's true, they're super-strict, but it's a great learning experience especially if you don't have any experience living by yourself yet. I was in the Fall Advantage '06. There's a great support structure, not to mention you have a place to live and your utilities paid for, and you get more elbow room than a lot of college dorms would give you. I didn't get any college credit for it, but it was worth it ten times over for the life experience. And the living at Disney World.

I mean, you're within arms reach of the park. And it's free. I would spend eight hours shut up in a dingy little stock room unwrapping clothes, then go down into the tunnels, change into street clothes, then go back upstairs through a door and spend the next several hours unwinding in the Magic Kingdom. It is exactly as wonderful as it sounds. One time, I was doing laundry on my day off in one of the public laundry houses in the apartment complexes and the nice Victoria's Secret bras my mom got from work got stolen. I was super ************. Then I got on a free bus and rode it to the Magic Kingdom, because if I was going to be mad, by God, I would do it in a happy place.

I've looked into it. I don't know if I will be able to do it.
But one of my friends is currently looking into it!

I did the Disney College Program Fall 2012 in WDW. :)
I worked QSR in Animal Kingdom (Flame Tree BBQ! Whoo whoo!) and it was a dream come true for me since I've always wanted to work there ever since I was little.
For the phone interviews, definitely know WHY you want to do DCP and WHY they should pick YOU out of 70,000+ that applied as well. Also, let them know where you'd really like to be located for work. I really stressed that I wanted to work at a theme park over a hotel because I know the parks like the back of my hand after going so many times. :)
But if you have an opportunity to do it, DO IT! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT! It looks great on resumes, and it can really change your life.
You'll meet people from all over the world, make friendships that will last a lifetime, take classes that bring Disney into their lectures, get to experience new Disney rides before any park guest (I got to go into new Fantasyland a month before it was open to the public!), and make magical moments for park guests that you both will never forget.
Just knowing that you can make someone's vacation amazing and unforgettable is the main reason why I did it. I made a girl cry happy tears after I told her Mickey Mouse told me to save a cupcake for her.
And you get discounts on merchandise, unlimited park access, and you're there for the holidays (if you do it in the fall - which I recommend! Halloween & Christmas!).
Sorry for the long spiel, but this is definitely an opportunity ANY Disney fan should take. No matter what your major is, no matter where your from, no matter what your GPA is!

WishUponaStar

I actually got accepted into the Disney College Program for this upcoming Spring! It sounds like a great experience and usually, they will try to give you experience in your major. I'm going into hospitality and I'm going to be a concierge at one of their hotels so it helps gain experience :)

-Tink