Disney Pin Trading/Collecting

Does anyone else collect and trade Disney pins in real life?
It's a really fun, expensive, and addictive hobby xD

If you do collect what characters or themes do you collect?
I collect Ariel, Wall-E, and Tink :)

I love doing it! I loved looking at the cast member pins when I was little and they gave me them to get the word out there. I started getting them progressively for my birthday and when I go to the parks. I got my sister addicted to it too and we both have around 200 pins total! Whether or not we go to the parks, we go to the hotels or DD just to look at the pins! They are one of my favorite parts of Disney. I love any Peter Pan/Pirate, or haunted mansion pins!

aliceblue

VMK was directly to blame for my pin addiction! I started out buying mystery pin packs from the park that had VMK codes inside of them. I wanted to do something with my extra pins, which led me to pin-trading forums and a huge pin database. Once I saw all of the gorgeous pins that had been released over time, I was sunk! :D

My main collection is..... (surprise!) Alice.

Kinglaser

I do whenever I am in Disney or Disney Stores :) Love to trade Vinylmations :)
Vinylmations yesssss I have so many. I love them.

I used to back when I went to Disneyland a lot. ^_^ I don't really remember what I have now since they're currently in storage but I bought a couple when I went for birthday. I got some Pirates of the Caribbean one and Nightmare before Christmas :)

Frinklebumper

Bumper of Frinkles
I buy a single pin for every Disney trip I go on. I don't really collect any set/character in particular, just anything that reminds me of that trip. :)

also I have three full lanyards

Princess and tink pins! How girly of me.
Literally trade every time we go to the parks. I only started last May when I got a discounted starter pack for spending over 50 and I was like why not! So did my friend at the time. We both ran around the park right after that like children with so much excitement asking to look at cast members pins.

LordeByron

i love pin collecting!!! i buy p much any kind of pin if i like it lol. i trade more than i buy tbh. i only buy when i go to wdw though (never been to dlr and all the dcl pins are SO EXPENSIVE). the only pin i got when i went on the cruise was the engineering department award one because i asked a guy what they did with the poo on a cruise ship.

I love collecting and trading pins <3 Every visit = at LEAST one pin to my collection :D I don't exactly collect anything specific though. However, I AM looking for a Pocahontas pin since it was my favorite as a kid. I learned how to rewind the VCR because my mom got tired of doing it until 2 am every night just so I could watch it hahahaha.

I collect vmk pins and Frozen pins.. But I'm having an issue paying over 100 dollars for a pin

kalyee

I got big into pin collecting after a cast member have me a set of those "Year of a Million Dreams" Tink pins - I hope I'm remembering the promotion correctly
I was floored by the random gift as a kid and couldn't resist filling my lanyard after that! I got all the VMK pins I could find, and collected mostly Mickey, Donald, and eat hat pins after that. Still hoping to find a Mickey Popsicle pin someday...

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
It's not that expensive at all. Go on ebay and you can spend 20$ for 50 pins! That's what I do. I buy a bunch and go trade them for cool stuff. But lately, nothing good has been on the staff lanyards. They've been just the regular hidden mickey series pins.