Disney Quest to Close Next Year

Awesomeredshuffle

Yeah, I just believe that what they are putting in it's place is pretty lame. I mean, when I go to Disney I'm going for Disney related things. I know that maybe some people will like it, and also maybe a big portion won't.

Kinglaser

I haven't been there in many years but.. Wow. I loved DQ.

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
What?! Oh my god nooooo I loved Disney quest. It was so fun and had so much to do in there. This is such a bummer. That's going to irk a lot of people, especially a lot of non-sports fans. They're going to screw themselves over by replacing it with a non-Disney attraction. First with Frozen replacing Maelstrom, now this. [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well I wasn't surprised when they announced that Disney Quest was going to close. I went there once as a child before and it was fun and all. Now that I am looking at this place, it seemed a bit... dated if you ask me. It saddens to see a giant arcade theme park getting torn down into an NBA experience that I know does NOT fit with the update theme.

As what @Bird said, there should be a boardwalk-esque free arcade at Disney Springs; I know I would go over there and plays some while killing time. Plus, some of the rides like Astroblaster would be perfect to be relocated in Hollywood Studios.

What a "juice bag" comment... "I have more power in my phone than the whole building." Get out of here, I didn't realize we had virtually reality headset capabilities on our phones...

VampireBoy

I never even got to see what Disney Quest looked like on the inside so it honestly saddens me that I never will I heard that it was really awesome inside there and honestly replacing it with an NBA thing is so stupid because that has nothing to do with Disney at all.

I'm not entirely surprised DQ is closing. They've had rumors about shutting down for 10 years (since the last time I was at the parks).The fact that so many of the simulators seemed to be broken when the writer went to it makes seem that Disney didn't care about the attraction at all. I would have loved to see it get upgraded instead of closing down. It was a blast when I was able to go. I'm not sure an NBA Experience is going to get the same draw as a Disney related experience.

I'm honestly not surprised or disappointed by this news. disney quest is very outdated, the last time i went there ( which was a few years ago) it felt liked i had walked back in time. it felt like i was back in the 1990s.

Nnilak

I don't know what Disney Quest is, but it sounds like I'd much rather prefer that than some NBA thing.
I came to Disney World to do Disney things, if I wanted to do NBA things I would have went to NBA World :shrug:

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
I don't know what Disney Quest is, but it sounds like I'd much rather prefer that than some NBA thing.
I came to Disney World to do Disney things, if I wanted to do NBA things I would have went to NBA World :shrug:
Disney quest was built under the same concept at the original WDW price-point. For context, the original WDW price-point consisted of guests buying a book of stapled of pieces of paper set up in groups of rides a, b, c, d, and e. you get like 4a, 3b, 2c, 2d, and 1e for example for like 5$. You can read more about it HERE . In DQ back in the early 2000s, your card had points, big rides like cyberspace mountain cost 5 points and a swipe of your card on the ride area collects the points and tells you your balance. For those who have seen them before, they are now only at places like virtual jungle cruise on each little booth. Its black, plastic and a little green button on the side and a little screen. Regardless, back in the 2000's Disney Quest was THE BOMB. It was super fun and I enjoyed every minute of it. The technology was state of the art, themed as a post-modern-animated-futuristic space station. The big games like Invasion, Cyber Space Mountain, Virtual Jungle Cruise, Virtual POTC, and Mighty Ducks Pinball had lines for days because they were so cool and had such bleeding edge tech. It was also something never done before and it worked! Now a days, it's gross, smelly, hot, and dirty, the Cast Members there hate their lives, and they are stingy with their free waters! >:( if you found a side wall or handrail, you can scratch at it with your fingernail and scape off a good amount of dead skin compacted on it. Rides at MK are notorious for this too like at BTMR and Beauty and the Beast story time with Belle. It's gross. Sorry for getting a little carried away.