Disney Ticket Prices

What Is The Most You Will Pay For Disney Tickets?

• Total voters

VampireBoy

The ticket prices for Disney World in Florida are so outrageous now its just unreal with ticket prices at the Magic Kingdom starting at $99.00 per person and the rest of the parks starting at $94.00 per person. The tickets are pretty much at $100.00 per person which is just completely ridiculous and the only reason they have been raising their ticket prices lately is because of the huge dramatic increase in popularity they have been getting. So honestly the point is how much will be too much for you to pay for Disney tickets and how high will ticket prices get before they realize their tickets cost way too much for anyone to be able to afford. I myself am a huge Disney fan and I plan to go to the parks for many years to come but there needs to be a point when Disney realizes their ticket prices need to stop being raised so anyway just post your opinions on this.

Last edited:

Jake

Yeah they're definitely expensive.. isn't disney rich enough as it is? :P really wanting to go to disneyland when we go to california in April but might not go due to the ticket prices.. (and me being the only one in the family wanting to go..) :/ so yeah. But I mean disney is disney so they probably won't change the prices anytime soon :blue:

VampireBoy

Yeah they're definitely expensive.. isn't disney rich enough as it is? :P really wanting to go to disneyland when we go to california in April but might not go due to the ticket prices.. (and me being the only one in the family wanting to go..) :/ so yeah. But I mean disney is disney so they probably won't change the prices anytime soon :blue:
I completely agree this is what I am saying Disney has all the money in the freakin world and yet they still have to charge outrageous ticket prices like this for their parks and don't even get me started on the outrageous room rates they have for their Resorts which are just as ridiculous as their ticket prices.

Thorn

Make it Green
Honestly they make tickets that expensive (without discounts going extreme after like 5 days) in order to make people find logic in getting a ticket for 6-10 days. If they can get people in the park for that long- yes, people end up only paying $35 a day- but they will also spend those days needing food/souvenirs/apparel.

It's all about making people see the logic in a 2-week stay at Disney

Yeah, okay, but it seems more people have money and these people are going to Disney. Like you said, popularity is picking up. Occupancy has been increasing since the price hike and they aren't experiencing the loss they were expecting with DtD. It's difficult to argue. Lots of people CAN afford it, apparently. :shrug: It's just the economy. Even so, it's safe to say having fewer visitors would still bring in a greater profit. Disney will rake it in while they can and it's not like they don't have things to pay for. With Avatar, especially, I'd presume. Don't forget tens of thousands of CMs just got a raise, as well. They'll lower ticket prices again if need be and make a big deal out of it, but right now they're doing exceedingly well. It's simply business and that's the unfortunate reality for some. I understand the struggle, though. I really do. Everyone should have the opportunity to go at least once!

I remember in 2009 the ticket price was around $75? I was there on my birthday and chose a gift card over the ticket because I already had free admission. I think I blew the whole gift card in one go and I remember sitting on the bed with my things and contemplating why in the world I spent so much on Tinkerbell crayons! :faint: I think most food/merch is worse than the ticket...and that goes for every theme park in FL, at the very least. $60 for a basic hoodie? Uh, I don't think so. That's where Universal will get ya.

---

Oh my God Disney World is doing it again they are about to raise the admission to the Magic Kingdom to $105.00 per person and the rest of the parks to $99.00 per person.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/report--disney-to-hike-magic-kingdom-ticket-above--100-175950785.html
Honestly, take cereal or a Brita water bottle with you and that extra $6 will mean nothing. I feel I don't have much room to talk (but I'm not biased, I promise), but I just don't see these little price increases as a big deal. It means WDW is increasingly successful and that success helps keep a roof over my head. It's important to see all sides of it. (:

Last edited:
In all honesty i just got a pass for DLR bc i live in california and if i go 5 times its payed for itself and iv gone twice already. If you go to florida or live there then you can buy a pass for the same basic amount you pay for 7 days at the park. If people want a vacation to disney they'll save up so they can go :) i do admit the prices are up there but its a business and with any business they are interested in profit. Heck last time i was in the super market i noticed that the kind of cauliflower i buy was slightly more expensive. Its like anything as the economy gets better the prices will go up. This is life.

VampireBoy

Yeah, okay, but it seems more people have money and these people are going to Disney. Like you said, popularity is picking up. Occupancy has been increasing since the price hike and they aren't experiencing the loss they were expecting with DtD. It's difficult to argue. Lots of people CAN afford it, apparently. :shrug: It's just the economy. Even so, it's safe to say having fewer visitors would still bring in a greater profit. Disney will rake it in while they can and it's not like they don't have things to pay for. With Avatar, especially, I'd presume. Don't forget tens of thousands of CMs just got a raise, as well. They'll lower ticket prices again if need be and make a big deal out of it, but right now they're doing exceedingly well. It's simply business and that's the unfortunate reality for some. I understand the struggle, though. I really do. Everyone should have the opportunity to go at least once!
I remember in 2009 the ticket price was around $75? I was there on my birthday and chose a gift card over the ticket because I already had free admission. I think I blew the whole gift card in one go and I remember sitting on the bed with my things and contemplating why in the world I spent so much on Tinkerbell crayons! :faint: I think most food/merch is worse than the ticket...and that goes for every theme park in FL, at the very least. $60 for a basic hoodie? Uh, I don't think so. That's where Universal will get ya.
---
Honestly, take cereal or a Brita water bottle with you and that extra $6 will mean nothing. I feel I don't have much room to talk (but I'm not biased, I promise), but I just don't see these little price increases as a big deal. It means WDW is increasingly successful and that success helps keep a roof over my head. It's important to see all sides of it. (:
Here is the point I am trying to make though I don't see why they actually need to raise their ticket prices so high when people are already going to spend money while they are inside the park anyways on things like souvenirs and also dining inside the park as well so obviously they are raking in money from that anyways. So if they are already raking in money from people spending money while they are inside the park as it is what is the point of having to raise their ticket prices so high and also if you actually remember Mr. Disney said he wanted the park to be for all ages and also people of all incomes so I can tell you now if he was still alive he would not be happy. So honestly I just think it is still ridiculous because again Disney has like all the money in the freakin world but yet they still act so greedy like how they keep milking that Frozen cash cow they got going on right now. Now if you actually think about what I said about Mr. Disney they are in a sense taking his morals and values of what he wanted the park to be and throwing them in the dirt when it comes to prices and admission and stuff like that but still if they actually stopped raising their ticket prices they would still make money.

Last edited:
Disney corporate is too full of themselves. They take advantage of us when in reality their prices aren't even worth the experience anymore. I wouldn't ever pay that much just for a single day visit to WDW.

There has been no dramatic increase in WDW goers, they have actually had a 1-2% decrease in the past 4 years (ever since the release of HP in Universal). I think it is to compensate for this. If a person really wants to come to Disney, the 4 or 5 dollar increase from year to year isn't enough to deter them.

Just pointing out, Magic Kingdom is already grossly overpacked EVERY day. I would be scared to see what the parks would look like if they lowered prices tbh.

Fun fact, when WDW opened in 1971 tickets were 3.50. If they had adjusted to inflation perfectly, tickets in 2015 would be 20.46. That means going to WDW in 1971, would be like only spending 20.46 dollars today.

@VampireBoy That was 1986, and there were a LOT less attractions back then.

Last edited:
i would hate to see a day where if you don't buy tickets a certain time ahead, your not allowed in with a limit of people who can enter. which is what i think would happen if prices were lowered.

VampireBoy

Ok I didn't think of that but even with the prices raising their popularity is still increasing dramatically according to what I have read in an article so honestly the point I am making is they just need to stop raising their prices they don't have to lower them because Disney World will always be extremely crowded. Also another point I am trying to get at and something people have been saying for years is that Disney is probably one of the most greediest companies out there right now and they only care about money.