Dispersing of Rare Items

InaDaze

The Confused One.
As I've seen multiple people say things will become rare over time. I personally mainly traded for pins only in VMK. I love pins and always found it more satisfying to get those and certain magic pins. Clothes were second on my list but I generally never worried about those. Furniture depending on what was it was.

I found it hard to understand the economy of certain items in VMK. It constantly fluctuated but I usually found items that weren't very expensive even though they were rare. I also never understood why stitch hats were so popular. I got one when I traded an inferno for a bunch of stuff and it wasn't exactly high on my list to get. I preferred having the inferno and was completely lucky the value of inferno dropped quickly after that trade. I only traded it as I literally got so much stuff I couldn't refuse.

I'll be honest items should not be worried all that highly. How are we going to get items when there's no solid way to get an income of credits? It will take some time before any items we get will be truly rare and I'm sure some of us will go crazy and buy a bunch of all the items when we can.

Here are a few of my ideas and opinions..
I'll just start this out by saying that I loved trading in VMK. I really did. It gave me a sense of pride and happiness when I finally obtained items that I'd been working hard to get. I remember jumping and dancing around my house when I finally got cowboy pants. For years after that happened my family would always ask "what, did you just get cowboy pants?!" whenever I would act really excited or happy. In my opinion, it will always be a large part of the game to most people.
I LOVE the idea of a chance at getting random items from NPCs, that's an exciting thrill every day!
I'm not the biggest fan of Host hunts, but I loved the rides and being able to interact with the Hosts at FUN host events.
I like the idea of releasing items in stores for, lets say, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday so that there's a set date of when new items are being put up in the stores and taken down. Maybe larger sets or collections of items could be left in stores for a week or two, or have the release dates staggered. I'd prefer at least a little bit of predictability. I felt sort of frantic on OVMK because I was never sure when things would go on sale or for how long. I've seen people that want to have a calendar for when certain items are released, but honestly I'd rather not know. I enjoy surprises (:
Simply putting items in stores for a fixed amount of time and then taking them away will create rare items. Now, it wont happen immediately, but over time it will. Hopefully there is no need to rush!
:trade: Keep calm and trade on :trade: