Divergent!!!

PIGGIESARECOOL

I just got back from the movie. And oh my gosh. IT WAS FANTASTICALLY BEAUTIFUL. Shailene and Theo did a phenomenal job. Yes, there were some parts that were missing from the book, but at the same time the parts that were in the movie, were SPOT. ON. The very end is just amazing. Exactly how i pictured it. I loved every second.

It is definitely a roller-coaster of emotions. I would cry one scene and laugh the next. I loved this film entirely.

mark

10 mins late to everything
I heard my friend loved it but she got mad how they missed the important parts aka the intercourse lol but yea she watched it yesterday though :P bc my local theater has perks c:

I saw it and I LOVED IT!

At the movies, I was looking critically at the details and the scenes that they were spot on to the book. From looking at it, they did an excellent job.

The audience applauded for Tris, Four, and the mom for ring total bada***. They even screamed when Four took his shirt off.

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
Does anybody get why there were tons of giant industrial grade fans on the side of the buildings????

That confused the heck out of me.

I didnt read the book but i had to keep asking my friend who i went with that read it, what was going on becuase i was kinda confused since they didnt really expound on her thoughts as to why she did what she did most of the time. For example ; WHY IN THE WORLD DID SHE GO INTO DAUNTLESS FROM ABNIGATION?

But it's also weird to think that both of triss' parents were not abnigation born.

ERUDITE ALL THE WAY!

Does anybody get why there were tons of giant industrial grade fans on the side of the buildings????

Those industrial fans are none other than wind generator that generate power. Remember, Chicago is nicknamed the "Windy City".

Those industrial fans are none other than wind generator that generate power. Remember, Chicago is nicknamed the "Windy City".

Ah okay, that makes sense, did they mention that in the book? Or was it just implied?

It wasn't in the book, sadly, but it was something that is just implied

Dempsey

who want lasanga?!
I thought it was great! However, the people I was with were talking throughout the movie so I did not get to enjoy it as much as I wanted to.

Setsuykie

I went and saw the movie on Sunday with a friend. I absolutely loved it. I went to Target right after and got the book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinglaser

Theo James can do anything he wants and I would be happy.

But srsly, I may or may not go. I started hating the series after the first book.
I liked it until the end of the first book. That's when I started hating it. Movie was good, but the ending of the book was bad enough. The ending of the movie wasn't even like the book when it comes to the control room scene.

Nexut

The only thing I was mad about was Peter. Did they even say he was Peter even once in the movie? He is one of the most important characters throughout the trilogy yet they don't even properly introduce him in the first movie...

Stefa

English&Literature Major
I very much enjoyed it, and as a book nerd to the max I always see the movies.

As for the changes and differences, here is my two cents haha:
Of course it wasn't the exact same, movies never are and, in my opinion, cannot be. Movies and books require different kinds of action/plot/character development because they are different media forms. Books are going to have more information directly stated because it is needed to stimulate your imagination while movies are going to be more visual action that requires you to question and think out the details...to me they are opposite forms of story telling. So that is why I am almost always okay with movies being different from books.

:) All that being said I love the books and movie and cannot wait to see how they treat the second one! The cast was well chosen and what a great soundtrack!