Do you guys have any prized/vintage possessions?

KawaiiSunnySparkle

i lost count of how many days tbh
Share Pictures below!
These are a few of mine:
Sorry these pictures stink, I took them on my iPod but they needed to be compressed...so this is the best I can do lol.
Cabbage Patch Doll from 1996, the year I was born:
cabbage patch.jpg

Titanic Doll from '97..I admittedly bought this at a Flea Market last year lol
titanic.jpg
titanic doll.jpg

I have more but will show them another day :0 What are some old prized possessions you guys have?

toastie

my grandfather used to collect model cars when he was alive, and when he passed I took a cadillac model he had from 1995. He also loved airplanes, he was in the air force at one point but was never sent overseas. He once went to an air show and brought me back a necklace of an airplane. This happened when I was small. The day he died, which was July 4, 2012, I put the necklace on, and there is never a day I do not wear it. It is the only necklace I wear. It makes me feel safe. Those are my two main ones. Other ones include the massive penguin collection I have, the bracelet my mom gave me, some glass figurines, and a few other things.

1995 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z28
I may be getting a 'Stang.
And somehow, idk how... but I have one of the same exact Coo Coo Clocks as seen in Epcot in Germany.

Last edited:
I have a lot of pictures of WW2 and art work that my Grandfather drew when he was in the army. Also, pictures of my great Grandparents, my Grandmother's year book picture, her siblings, more and more pictures O_O

I have an antique book shelf full of pre 1940s books (many are in German) and a few from the 1880s. There's also the Grace painting/photograph on the wall from back when it was first distributed. Photographs from when my grandfather station in Papua New Guinea. Lots of photos of great great grandparents. I have an photo of my great great great grandmother in full traditional Mohawk Indian clothing from when she married my great great great grandfather. We had an old organ from the 1940s that was my great grandfather's and mom inherited a piano from the 1870s but they didn't fit in the house so we had unfortunately to give them away recently. I have a 110 year old saxophone.

Then there's just the piles and piles of stuff that hasn't been gone through of my great grandmother's and my grandparents'.

supernovagirl

I have pearl earrings and a pearl necklace that was given to my great grandma by my great grandpa back when they moved from Wales to the US. It's now passed down to the oldest daughter of the family, so my grandma and mother both got them and now I have the set.
A signed copy of The Chronicles of Narnia
A first edition of The Catcher in the Rye

KawaiiSunnySparkle

i lost count of how many days tbh
Woah guys, these are all really cool and impressive. I noticed a lot of you have things from many many many years ago, from wars and historic events. I actually don't have anything like that :O. I didn't have any great grandparents that fought in wars and things like that, nor did I really have any family outside of America since most of my family is from Puerto Rico. A lot of the vintage things I own are toys from the 90s and reaaalllyy old photo albums of my family.

A vast collection of color slides from the Korean War taken by my grandfather. Here's an album with a small collection of them I scanned a while back: http://imgur.com/a/3RYz3
And another: http://imgur.com/a/A42BB
Wow, these pictures are absolutely beautiful. Your grandfather is an amazing photographer!

I don't have a whole lot but:
My great-great-great grandfather's gold ring. Has been passed down for many generations. It's engraved with an S on it.

Paddle (Yes I said Paddle) from the 1957 Penn State Junior Prom. It was my grandmothers. She was Prom Queen I believe and that is the prize they gave her. It's nothing special but since it's my grandmas it's very sentimental to me. She is my favorite person on the planet.

Old newspaper clippings from the 60's and 70's from when my grandpa was a head football coach at one of our local high schools. In my town, my grandpa is considered a local legend. At one point he was a football coach with the highest winning streak in the state. His team would be undefeated for many years. Back in the day, the newspapers used to write pages and pages about him and instead of photographs they would have a cartoonist draw out the weekly game, players, and coaches. They are very sentimental to not only me but my entire family.​

I too have a plushie (a bunny) from when I was born, glad I'm not the only one. I also have my American Girl Doll Lindsay (First Girl of the Year Doll - 2001), I don't think I'd ever sell her since it's the first one and not many were sold. I'd also want my future children to enjoy it and care for it as much as I did (no joke, we'd have yard sales when I was younger and people thought I never played with my toys because of their pristine condition, when in reality I did a LOT). I also have my Silver Coin with Belle on it. You know, when New Zealand put princesses on its money? So yeah, those are probably my top 3 prized possessions.

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
(I am re-posting my comment from another thread that was about treasures found in your closet)

Several years ago I received a wonderful surprise in the mail from my Grandparents. It was an old Walt Disney World Guide along with a note from my Grandma. The note read the following.. "I found this while cleaning out some things. It is dated 1977. We went there right after it opened. I went again with my Aunt Winnie. You may find it interesting and add it to your Disney things."

Below in the spoiler are pictures I took of the guide and the letter from my Grandma:

Letter from my Grandma

Front of the Guide

C 1977 Walt Disney Productions

C 1977 Walt Disney Productions

Magic Kingdom Map

Walt Disney World Map

Back of the Guide

Kirllan

Forever Noob!
My pride and joy is my 1973 Rogers Londoner VI vintage drum set pictured here. It is the best sounding drum set I have ever heard next to a DW set.

riddleguy

I dont have many vintage items...but My favorite vintage possesion is this ET plush my aunt gave to me as a little kid and i still have it and cherish it!