Donations

Not sure how it would affect legal status, but maybe a one time nominal fee, with yearly renewal, would both work to cover costs for a quality game as well as limit the cloning. Could go for not for profit status. We may not get a cute stuffed animal, but it's rare a parent had a problem paying $10 for their kid to play Webkinz for a year.

Monorail

Caribbean_Gal said:
Not sure how it would affect legal status, but maybe a one time nominal fee, with yearly renewal, would both work to cover costs for a quality game as well as limit the cloning. Could go for not for profit status. We may not get a cute stuffed animal, but it's rare a parent had a problem paying $10 for their kid to play Webkinz for a year.
I think it'd be a better option to just go donation basis. I feel like the 10 fee will deter some from playing, and we don't want that!

relizabeth

Caribbean_Gal said:
i think thats how they get in trouble with disney. As long as they are not charging people to play disney wont care about them using the game.

While this would help, I think its a bad idea.
If disney finds out any kind of profit is being made out of this, its a good reason to shut it down.

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
If Amy is up front about the cost to maintain everything, we can for sure make sure she will never need money to keep this up. But for donations, i feel that having a perk for donating is a must in this day and age. I think if we should have a tier system for donating. But make it so that the perks are not tradeable and purely a status so that way it doesnt turn into a Pay-To-Win

We shouldn't run into any issues with donating, as long as the proceeds go towards the game. I play on a WoW private server that accepts donations. Of course WoW is run by Blizzard and not Disney, but it's not like we're taking players away from a real VMK.

Monorail

MagicMatt said:
We shouldn't run into any issues with donating, as long as the proceeds go towards the game. I play on a WoW private server that accepts donations. Of course WoW is run by Blizzard and not Disney, but it's not like we're taking players away from a real VMK.
I believe the only difference is the WoW Private server has a licensed copy of WoW (I'm assuming). This isn't necessarily a licensed copy of VMK.

Monorail said:
MagicMatt said:
I believe the only difference is the WoW Private server has a licensed copy of WoW (I'm assuming). This isn't necessarily a licensed copy of VMK.
Yea that's true. But if possible I'd love to help out. :)