Dress Your Pet - Christmas Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introducing MyVMK Forum’s very first

This contest is all about you and your pet and how well you can dress your beloved friend.
----------------------------------------------------------THE RULES----------------------------------------------------------
-Important: Please keep your pets safety in mind! No contest prize is worth breaking your beloved pets trust when you hurt them trying to stuff their paws (or hooves) into cute holiday stockings. Dangerous settings or costumes will be taken into account and entries that look to be such will be disqualified.

-Please dress your pet in a holiday-esque manner. This means use colors commonly associated with the Holiday season (green/red/black, blue/white, etc), use Santa hats, use elf hats, use scarves and mittens, use Christmas trees, use colorful lights, use dreidels, use holiday Mickey Mouse ears, use wrapping paper...anything that is related to the holidays is OK to use to dress your pet! If you have to justify your use of specific colors/decorations, it’s probably not very holiday-y, so keep this in mind.

-You may dress any animal you have contact with and submit it as part of this contest. What this means is that if you don’t have any pets, but your Aunt (or cousin, or best friend, or sister, or grandma...you get the idea) does have a pet, feel free to dress it up if they will allow you.

-Along the same lines, if you have a pet that lives in a tank, feel free to dress up the outside of its tank. I’m sure Goldy the Goldfish will enjoy his 2D Christmas tree taped to his tank :)

-If you have multiple pets, feel free to dress them all up! However, it’s your job to get them all to sit still in the same picture. Please only submit one photo of your pet(s) dressed up (see below for more submission guidelines).​
----------------------------------------------------------REQUIRED----------------------------------------------------------
You must include in the photo written on a piece of paper MyVMK’s logo, the letters VMK or myVMK to identify that you took this picture and it’s not some random dog you found on the internet. Don’t go print off some huge, fancy logo in giant sized font; just hand write it on scrap paper (or nice festive paper) in a dark marker or pen! If you are unable to get your pet and MyVMK logo in the same photo as your pet, please let me know. A second option for those with unruly pets is to take a second picture with perhaps pieces of the costume or setting you used and the logo in that picture. If you choose to go this route, submit both images as your entry. Please ask if you have questions or circumstances that these rules might not apply to. An example is listed below in these instructions, so don't panic if this sounds confusing!​
----------------------------------------------------------DEADLINE----------------------------------------------------------
Saturday December 27 @ 11:59 PM EST​
----------------------------------------------------------PRIZES AND JUDGING----------------------------------------------------------
The judges of this contest will be the Forum Staff. We will pick our top 10 favorites and then let the users of myVMK Forums vote on the finalists to determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
Prizes:
1st place- In-game code for 30,000 credits
2nd place- In-game code for 20,000 credits
3rd place- In-game code for 10,000 credits

Judging will be based on creativity and festivity. The more creative you are, the better off you’ll be! Same goes for how festive you create your pet’s costume and even the setting you take the photo in.​

DO NOT PUT YOUR USERNAME ANYWHERE ON THE PHOTO!
This will disqualify you, and that would be bad.

KEEP IN MIND:
Grainy or tiny photos are very hard to judge, so do your best to get clear, good-sized photos. We would prefer all photos be at least 600x800 pixels in size (or around there). Please ask if you are unsure about your photo quality and size.​
----------------------------------------------------------EXAMPLE ENTRY----------------------------------------------------------
Here is my example entry:

Image URL 1: http://i.imgur.com/jXeN6k1.jpg
Image URL 2: http://i.imgur.com/9okItz1.jpg

**This is a picture of my dog when she was a puppy. It's not very festive, so don't use this as a standard to aim for! I would probably not have been able to get a good picture of her and a VMK note, so I took a picture of a hand-written VMK sign and the blanket you see in the background, helping prove this is my dog/image. Coincidentally, the image of my dog is also 600x800px so keep your photos around this same size!**

----------------------------------------------------------HOW TO ENTER----------------------------------------------------------
Have you read all of the rules? Are you ready to enter this awesome contest? Please submit the actual image URL and the image in IMG tags as well; there is a forum prefix for you to use called "Dress Your Pet Contest - Holiday Edition" so please use it! You may type in the thread title your username or pet name, whichever you prefer.

Example Entry Screen Shot - Here are some screen shots of what your entry should look like when you post it and with the prefix being used:

There is a form provided below for your convenience. Please see the example provided above if you are confused.​

Code:
[img]YOUR IMAGE HERE.JPG[/img]
[img]2ND IMAGE HERE IF NEEDED.PNG[/img]

Image URL 1: copy/paste your image URL here
Image URL 2: copy/paste your image URL here
[LINK REMOVED]
Make a new thread and select the prefix "Dress Your Pet Contest - Holiday Edition".

Last but not least, if you are EVER unsure about anything regarding this contest, please do not hesitate to ask!

Happy Holidays and enjoy dressing up your pet!​

Last edited:

Exodus

I don't have a real pet but i do have a "pet" stuffed caterpillar XD does she count? she wears size xxs pet cloths lol i do actually dress her for the holidays
I feel you on not having a real pet. But I do have a pet lettuce that actively sheds skin and gets replaced on a frequent basis. Still same ol' Lettie to me <3

I am really intrigued as to how you would dress up your fishies LOL. The mind boggles. Cool contest but unfortunately I don't have a pet... unless you count my husband? Shhhhh, don't tell him I said that :whistle:
This needs to count.

Chill

we bought my dog a santa hat a few years ago.... he uses it as a chew toy.

edit: maybe my cat will cooperate? :D

Last edited:
I don't have a real pet but i do have a "pet" stuffed caterpillar XD does she count? she wears size xxs pet cloths lol i do actually dress her for the holidays
Unfortunately, the animal needs to be alive (like have a circulatory system). Maybe in the future we can do a dress your stuffed pet contest, because this is a cute idea! :)

Can we enter more than one pet? Since I have 2 cats a dog and fishies :)
If you can get them all in the same picture, feel free to enter your fish, cats and dog. Otherwise you'll just have to pick who is more photogenic...the fish, the cats or dog. Let me know if this didn't answer your question.

If I missed any other questions out there, please ask it again! :)

C

Christa

So excited! My [pet] loves to dress up so I had fun with this one. c: Good luck to all who enter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, the animal needs to be alive (like have a circulatory system). Maybe in the future we can do a dress your stuffed pet contest, because this is a cute idea! :)
Aw XD but maybe one day if you host a dress your stuffed pet i can enter lol

@Captain-Heather does the outfit need to be in relation in the holiday? For example.

can I just dress my dog as a ghost aka a tissue over his head (no I'm not doing that, hence "for example") lol
If you look in the rules, one of them is that the pet must be holiday themed. So red and green tissue would be close to a Holiday ghost, hehe. Just keep in mind that pets dressed with more attention to detail and obvious effort are more likely to make the top 10.

Goodness I didn't even think about that. So sorry!
No big deal, it's hard not to brag about our pets :)

Aw XD but maybe one day if you host a dress your stuffed pet i can enter lol
I look forward to it! :)

MissSimba

Alas, I don't think my boyfriend would sit still long enough for a picture, so I won't be able to enter. ;) But I'm really excited to see the entries to this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.