ENCOURAGEMENT to Draw!

mark

10 mins late to everything
I love to draw guys! I have absolutely no encouragement to draw :p, can you guys give me encouragement to draw x_x tell me anything to draw!!! I got a tablet two months ago and I have to regrettably say I only used it around 10-14 times... I'm still trying to get used to it which is maybe why I don't feel like drawing on the tablet, but I just hate not doing it! Can you guys help me pls ty

Listen to music while drawing it gives inspiration. Also maybe have an idea something that you really want to draw and draw it :art:

I love drawing people, like ill draw the cast of vampire diaries, PLL, and my favorite singers. You could try drawing someone from something you like.

Cure

whattaprincess
I got my tablet a month ago and I’m basically in the same boat as you. What really encourages me is this guy’s sketching/painting journey (it’s insane !!) and looking through the practice tag on pixiv. I kind of just eyeball the images through pixiv and try to draw them, so maybe try that too ! If you really like a show/actor/etc, draw it as well.

When I get overwhelmed, I read over this Ira Glass quote & its prolly the #1 thing that helps me out ; I hope it encourages you too !

mark

I love drawing people, like ill draw the cast of vampire diaries, PLL, and my favorite singers. You could try drawing someone from something you like.
vampire diaries *-* lol ty[DOUBLEPOST=1408728961][/DOUBLEPOST]
I got my tablet a month ago and I’m basically in the same boat as you. What really encourages me is this guy’s sketching/painting journey (it’s insane !!) and looking through the practice tag on pixiv. I kind of just eyeball the images through pixiv and try to draw them, so maybe try that too ! If you really like a show/actor/etc, draw it as well.

When I get overwhelmed, I read over this Ira Glass quote & its prolly the #1 thing that helps me out ; I hope it encourages you too !
i like that quote very much ^-^ can you give me the link to the painting journey?

I love to draw guys! I have absolutely no encouragement to draw :p, can you guys give me encouragement to draw x_x tell me anything to draw!!! I got a tablet two months ago and I have to regrettably say I only used it around 10-14 times... I'm still trying to get used to it which is maybe why I don't feel like drawing on the tablet, but I just hate not doing it! Can you guys help me pls ty
Interesting story:

I bought my artist sister (she can actually drawn, unlike me) a tablet several years ago for Christmas. She opened it, tried it a few times, and decided she didn't like drawing on it because it was too hard to get used to. So I adopted my Christmas present to her and I started practicing with it. I sort of hated it at first. I didn't get why people tortured themselves learning how to use these tablet things. But I kept at it.

That's the moral of the story: KEEP AT IT. Tablets take some time getting used to. I know it took me a long time until I felt comfortable with mine, and now I can't imagine not having it!

As for inspiration, join a site like DeviantArt.com and follow people who have completely different styles/interests. You'll see lots of varied art that way, which will (hopefully) inspire you to create.

Good luck!

A friend told me to draw something everyday. It doesn't have to be big, or even good. It could be a warm up exercise of drawing spirals or "O"s or random lines or stick figures. For just a minute, or 30 seconds, or 10 seconds. Then keep a record of it so you can see your progress. As a reward, do something you really like for a minute or two. :)

I loove that Ira Glass quote.

Try drawing a character from your favorite show/movie/book.

I love your story Captain Heather!

I got a table a few years ago. I used it a little, then kind of forgot about it for a while. All of a sudden, I got in the mode of drawing again and started playing with it more. You never know what can really get you drawing. It could be the littlest thing and then BAM! You can't put the tablet down :)

mark

Interesting story:

I bought my artist sister (she can actually drawn, unlike me) a tablet several years ago for Christmas. She opened it, tried it a few times, and decided she didn't like drawing on it because it was too hard to get used to. So I adopted my Christmas present to her and I started practicing with it. I sort of hated it at first. I didn't get why people tortured themselves learning how to use these tablet things. But I kept at it.

That's the moral of the story: KEEP AT IT. Tablets take some time getting used to. I know it took me a long time until I felt comfortable with mine, and now I can't imagine not having it!

As for inspiration, join a site like DeviantArt.com and follow people who have completely different styles/interests. You'll see lots of varied art that way, which will (hopefully) inspire you to create.

Good luck!
thank you :) lol

(I watch you on dA o-o)[DOUBLEPOST=1408741108][/DOUBLEPOST]
Try drawing a character from your favorite show/movie/book.

I love your story Captain Heather!

I got a table a few years ago. I used it a little, then kind of forgot about it for a while. All of a sudden, I got in the mode of drawing again and started playing with it more. You never know what can really get you drawing. It could be the littlest thing and then BAM! You can't put the tablet down :)
I know right!!! Like when I first got it I would sketch and draw non stop but the I just wasn't that confident X_X I hope when school starts I can get a class for art and that can encourage me even more again :p[DOUBLEPOST=1408741157][/DOUBLEPOST]
A friend told me to draw something everyday. It doesn't have to be big, or even good. It could be a warm up exercise of drawing spirals or "O"s or random lines or stick figures. For just a minute, or 30 seconds, or 10 seconds. Then keep a record of it so you can see your progress. As a reward, do something you really like for a minute or two. :)

I loove that Ira Glass quote.
that's actually nice I might do that :) Thanks :p

Hipster

♥ нιρ ツ ♥
Draw characters! Usually being bored helps the creativity flow. You can also look at magazines and just draw the models in your art style !
Go outside and draw nature, or even explore around your backyard! endless possibilitys to be encouraged to draw simple things (:

AlphaSmartKatie

Abagail Adams' #1 Fan

I still cannot tablet. :c
I used to be an avid artist until recently where I haven't produced anything in months. So I'm on the same boat as you. :c