Fantasy Land Rides

I was wondering what everyone thought about the dark rides. In my opinion to get the cool stuff you have to ride ALL day, and chances are you still won't get a rare pin. Virtual games should be about having friends not riding rides all day. What does everyone else think?

To be honest, I've kind of given up on trying to get any of the pins, especially the rare pins. It's hard to keep track with everything they release as a prize because they release it all so quickly. :(

I agree...I think a solution might be to slow the releases. We have had 21 items in the sword since the beginning. All I do in game now is ride :(

I agree...I think a solution might be to slow the releases. We have had 21 items in the sword since the beginning. All I do in game now is ride :(
Yea, I love the rides, but when you ride so much you start to dread riding. I shouldn't have to dread anything I do on a virtual world.

Frinklebumper

Bumper of Frinkles
Well, I mean, you don't HAVE to get the items, do you? If you want rare items, you'll have to work for them. If you want more time to just socialize, you'll have to give up on trying so hard to collect everything.

It's the same with credits. You have to play games to get them. It's not like you should be able to get credits automatically just by logging in and hanging out with your friends.

That being said, I don't have much of a problem with the dark rides. (Though they could set out new releases tad slower...). It's a great way to passively earn items when I'm busy doing something else. :)

Well, I mean, you don't HAVE to get the items, do you? If you want rare items, you'll have to work for them. If you want more time to just socialize, you'll have to give up on trying so hard to collect everything.

It's the same with credits. You have to play games to get them. It's not like you should be able to get credits automatically just by logging in and hanging out with your friends.

That being said, I don't have much of a problem with the dark rides. (Though they could set out new releases tad slower...). It's a great way to passively earn items when I'm busy doing something else. :)
I see your point, but I really want the hat. The only way I have a slight chance of getting the hat is to ride ALL day long, and chances are I still won't get it. It's just way too hard to earn the cool stuff.

Lost

I have a problem with dark rides. I checked earlier and had 43 friends online. 40 of them were either in new orelans or riding, most were on rides. 3 people were in a room or minigame out of 43. All people do on my friend list is ride rides now, all the time. I'm sick of it. What happened to getting rid of gold keys because it made the game focused around it, all people have done since I returned (around feb 10-14) is ride all the time. That's all I ever see.

So many new rare items doesn't help either.

I have a problem with dark rides. I checked earlier and had 43 friends online. 40 of them were either in new orelans or riding, most were on rides. 3 people were in a room or minigame out of 43. All people do on my friend list is ride rides now, all the time. I'm sick of it. What happened to getting rid of gold keys because it made the game focused around it, all people have done since I returned (around feb 10-14) is ride all the time. That's all I ever see.

So many new rare items doesn't help either.
Exactly, if you don't ride it seems you just have to log off. EVERYONE is on rides now. Nobody just plays to have fun. Ride prizes are all anyone cares about anymore :(

InaDaze

The Confused One.

I'm going to agree with this. And the last set of pins was out a tad bit longer than the first set. Test Track Magic was out slightly longer than I had anticipated as I thought it would be gone on the last day of Epcot month. If you leave prizes in there too long then people will just complain about the prizes in there for too long. I think 2-3 weeks is a good time for prizes in the sword.

Now while I'm riding I will normally be doing something else like reading, watching a movie, or playing other games. As Frink said do what you want to do in the game. If you aren't enjoying the constant riding then take a break and maybe go play a jungle cruise or go find a friend to talk to. The cool prizes are hard to get as people want them and this creates trading value for them. I just hope this hat doesn't ascend the ranks to Stitch in value but maybe the rank of Leroy in value.

I'm going to agree with this. And the last set of pins was out a tad bit longer than the first set. Test Track Magic was out slightly longer than I had anticipated as I thought it would be gone on the last day of Epcot month. If you leave prizes in there too long then people will just complain about the prizes in there for too long. I think 2-3 weeks is a good time for prizes in the sword.

Now while I'm riding I will normally be doing something else like reading, watching a movie, or playing other games. As Frink said do what you want to do in the game. If you aren't enjoying the constant riding then take a break and maybe go play a jungle cruise or go find a friend to talk to. The cool prizes are hard to get as people want them and this creates trading value for them. I just hope this hat doesn't ascend the ranks to Stitch in value but maybe the rank of Leroy in value.
Again, I see your point, but I can't go find a friend. Why? They are ALL riding!

i agree when i first joined this there were tons of guest rooms hosting games or just hang out rooms all the time. Now all i see are trade rooms because everyone is on rides :/