Farewell Rivers of America! (Temporarily...)

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Well, it's official. Here's what's closing after January 10th at Disneyland Park in Anaheim to make way for Star Wars Land.
  • Disneyland Railroad (all 4 stations)
  • "Fantasmic!" Nighttime Spectacular
  • Rivers of America related things
    • Sailing Ship Columbia
    • Mark Twain Riverboat
    • Pirates Tom Swayer Island
Those will be down for possibly up to a year, though Disney themselves have not said so there's no reliable source on that.

As for what's going away forever..
  • Big Thunder Ranch
    • Barbecue
    • Petting Farm
    • Jamboree
All closures will go into effect after the end of the operating day of January 10th, 2016.

Personally, I'm really sad that Fantasmic will be down for so long.. I love that show :(

iMax

RCT3 & Disney Freak
The year I'm going to Disneyland, they close the ONE SHOW (besides Forever) that I was dying to see, now we're gonna have a bunch of SOCAL ppl come to Studios to see Fantasmic....at least BTM won't be closed.

aliceblue

The river is one of my favorite things about walking through Frontierland and New Orleans Square. Even on a crowded day, the area doesn't seem closed in, and at night the view is so pretty. Not looking forward to maintenance walls; it's going to feel as claustrophobic as Adventureland.

The unavailability of the railroad and the Mark Twain at the same time will be sad. (My old-timer "escape the crowds" attractions!)

Big Thunder Ranch is the last remnant of a kinder, gentler, slow-paced park. I will be sorry to see it go. :(

Bindingkey

I wish I could know your guys's pain, but since I live in Florida at Disney World I can only observe from afar. Hang in there guys. This too shall pass.

I've never seen these. Were they good? o-o

Even though I have never been to DLR, I'm disappointed they are changing it so I can't walk around with how it was when Walt created it.