Farewell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Fellow VMKers,
It's Marz here. I was formerly Martian_KING, in case you didn't hear. I'm sorry to say I'm leaving the Kingdom. This place has so many memories for me and I tear up when I think about them, from original to now. I'm going to tell my story.

I don't know when, but one day I heard about VMK. So, I logged onto vmk and played. I mostly talked to people and didn't care for items. I loved it and I played almost every day. I don't remember my username because I didn't play for that long and I don't have any screenshots. Eventually, I heard of the game closing and I don't remember what I was thinking. I was upset. I tried to meet up with friends on Club Penguin, but it wasn't the same compared to VMK. (I didn't know about VFK.) Well, that wasn't fun and I tried ToonTown. It was better and I played for a while, but the memberships got me and I didn't play for longer than 3 months at a time.

One day, five years after VMK's closing, I was searching around for VMK pictures, etc. on the internet. Um, what is this? OpenVMK? (I had previously found VMKRevisited but didn't actually try it out becuase I had no clue what it was.) I open www.openvmk.com. "OpenVMK has reached its end as a public remake..." I guess dreams are too good to come true. (Yes, I had dreams the game re-opened.) I was looking at OVMK's twitter, I believe, when I heard of Amy's MyVMK. I logged on instantly. I don't remember my first username, my second, or third, but, one day, I was wondering what a good name would be....... Martian_KING. I became more social and made some friends. My first friend was Cinderella, whom I met at my giveaway. Then, just days before Christmas, I was up late and playing when someone called flamingbean talked to me. We started joking around and became friends. I became friends with many others, MANY more, but they were some of the first. I just can't name everyone. If you'd like a going-away TBH, let me know :)

Now as for why I'm quitting,
I love this game but,
1) I play too often. I become addicted. This isn't healthy and I can't play in moderation (I've tried...)
2) People are becoming increasingly rude to me, there's a LOT of nice people, but, unfortunately, alot of rude ones, too.
3) My desire for rares has become increasingly overwhelming. Possessing these things isn't what should keep me wanting to play.
4) I need to focus on more important things...
5) There are many, many more personal reasons I'd rather not go into.

Giveaway information:
I'm not doing one. I will be giving away to friends as a sort of "Thank You" for being my friend. I will try to find you in-game.

February BGR Competition:
I'm not going to continue this. If you're interested in taking over, PM me, please.

Additional Information:
If you'd like to talk to me, I will still occasionally log into the forums.

I MAY STILL BE ON IN-GAME on occasion. Please don't accuse me of lying.

Going-away party:
I'd like someone to plan one for me. Fridays, 11 PM EST time zone is the best time. I'm not begging, but if you're interested.

I'm not trying to draw attention, so do not reply/comment rudely. I am a person and I have feelings.

As of right now, I plan to come back June 15th. This is still not concrete. If someone wants to collect some items for me that I've missed, I'd be so happy you don't even know.

Today, Wednesday, was my last day. Thank you for the memories.

This is a definite break and will be for quite some time.

This is such a great community.

Thanks for the memories and making me cry.

Ok, now bye.

Aww, I am sorry to hear that you are leaving. If you ever need somebody to talk to about the rudeness issues, I am always here to help :) Best of luck with everything you do! Hugs!

aceastrofan

The one and only...
Sorry to see you take a hiatus, but I know what you mean. Good luck in your life, hope you come back June 15th.

Sorry to see you go! :sorry:
Thank you. I appreciate it.
Aww, I am sorry to hear that you are leaving. If you ever need somebody to talk to about the rudeness issues, I am always here to help :) Best of luck with everything you do! Hugs!
*Hugs* Thank you a lot.
Awh no Marz :( I hope you change your mind and stay with us!
Thank you, Halcyon. I will be on occasionally and I'll be back on June 15th for a while. Probably until August... It depends.
Sorry to see you take a hiatus, but I know what you mean. Good luck in your life, hope you come back June 15th.
Thank you for understanding

goofy

Marz, I'm sorry to see you go but I do understand some of your reasons for leaving. We have done a couple of trades in the past with the most recent being earlier this week. I have always enjoyed meeting up and trading with you because of your friendliness. I wish you the best of luck in all that you do and hope to see you around from time to time.

Marz, I'm sorry to see you go but I do understand some of your reasons for leaving. We have done a couple of trades in the past with the most recent being earlier this week. I have always enjoyed meeting up and trading with you because of your friendliness. I wish you the best of luck in all that you do and hope to see you around from time to time.
Thank you! I try to be nice to others because it's how I like to be treated. :)

philitup

The Internet Champion!
It's crazy how many people have been leaving, but they have a good point. I don't think I'll quit for years, unless something bad happens to me, or the game closes. But that's probably because I'll never love a game more then VMK. All I can say is it's been awesome having you here, and I wish you luck in everything you do afterwards.

It's crazy how many people have been leaving, but they have a good point. I don't think I'll quit for years, unless something bad happens to me, or the game closes. But that's probably because I'll never love a game more then VMK. All I can say is it's been awesome having you here, and I wish you luck in everything you do afterwards.
Thank you :)
Best regards

Megara

no sleep club
Awww, I never became friends with you, but always loved and highly respected seeing your posts. It'll be sad not seeing you here anymore. Best wishes - hope you come back!

marz omg am so sad gonna miss u so much we hav become such good friends youre the one person who i can rant too and you really listen and are so supportive bout everything ugh so sad to see you go i really hope youll stop by and say hi sometimes :cry: i understand your reasons though and i will definitley be on on friday to see you :)

I'll try to see you off Friday if I can. I'm really sad to see you go... You were my friend on here, you always seemed a friendly helpful person and you were nice to me. You also are very cool. I do understand why you're going and I respect that choice. I'm glad you had fun whilst it lasted and I wish you nothing but good memories in the future if/when you do return! If you want to be kept in the loop with what's happening while you're away or if you just want a friend then feel free to add me on skype. :)

Awww, I never became friends with you, but always loved and highly respected seeing your posts. It'll be sad not seeing you here anymore. Best wishes - hope you come back!
Thanks!!
marz omg am so sad gonna miss u so much we hav become such good friends youre the one person who i can rant too and you really listen and are so supportive bout everything ugh so sad to see you go i really hope youll stop by and say hi sometimes :cry: i understand your reasons though and i will definitley be on on friday to see you :)
I will try to get on lots an say hi we will still be friends and if you ever need to talk, I'll still be checking forums. :') :(
I'll try to see you off Friday if I can. I'm really sad to see you go... You were my friend on here, you always seemed a friendly helpful person and you were nice to me. You also are very cool. I do understand why you're going and I respect that choice. I'm glad you had fun whilst it lasted and I wish you nothing but good memories in the future if/when you do return! If you want to be kept in the loop with what's happening while you're away or if you just want a friend then feel free to add me on skype. :)
Thank you! I do not have skype, but I appreciate the offer :)

raemoon

twitter.com/mafuriko
I never met you until now, Marz, but it's very sad to hear of someone leaving and clearly you're well liked within the community :) I dislike the rudeness too, so I hope someday you'll feel comfortable enough here to return to your many friends! :)

Best of luck from a random well-wisher!

Status
Not open for further replies.