Favorite Disney Park Memory

Once_Upon_A_Time

♥Disneyland Addict♥
Im Sure all of us have a funny story or memory about the Disney Parks Share Your favorite magical moment below :)

For me its hard to pick just one because i have been to Disneyland like a hundred times but my favorite memory would have to be...
It was about a year ago that my sister her friend and my friends all went to Disneyland together for a half day trip to the park because we all had annual passes we would just go for like half days.. Anyways we were having a normal day at the park so far then we got on the Matterhorn and it was about 9 at night, we wanted to go at night because the view is so cool from the top when its dark. Moving on so were on the ride and about 3/4th of the way done when the ride comes to a stop as we were going along the lower half of the mountain on the fantasyland side. I thought to myself great were stuck.... then were heard the automated voice say please stay seated a cast member will come and get you. It was a little scary because I looked up at the mountain and saw it moving and I'm like what is going on? My friend then says she got a text from her mom confirming there was just an earthquake and we were all shocked! We looked at each other and were like we just got stuck on the matterhorn at disneyland during a 5.1 earthquake. So i did what anyone would do of course i took a selfie of our group getting stuck on the ride. So i took my selfie of all my friends and I, then the cast member came and got us off the ride. We all got to walk thru the middle of the matterhorn which is not that pretty on the inside tbh a lot of concrete and rod iron. She said if we were at the top we would have been able to see the basketball court. That was a bummer :( But once we got out she gave us a front of the line pass and I decided to post the selfie on my twitter ( I have like 10 followers so I thought nobody would see it) and i put #earthquake #disneyland and I got all these responses from news channels and such saying they wanted to use my photo on the TV hahaha so i was like okay sure. I ended up getting on 5 news channels and i got 131 retweets and 134 favorites lol. People kept tweeting to me saying like are you guys okay was anyone hurt? I was like I felt more safe on the Matterhorn than I would be at the top of a hotel. We Californians are used to our earthquakes haha ;) Anyways the fireworks were supposed to happen and got canceled after the earthquake and everyone like flooded out of disneyland all the rides had to be restarted and that took about an hour so we stuck around and the park was empty when all the rides eventually opened back up and we walked on like all the rides! I can always say now that this earthquake is one I will never forget!! I survived the Disneyland earthquake haha. This was the craziest and most awesome once in a lifetime experience at Disneyland!

Not A Good Photo of me Im in the front

Last edited:
I can't see the photos, but that's such a cool story! Did they give you like any makeup fast passes or anything, or were they just like scram? Lol

My favorite memory is definitely not as exciting.

My absolute favorite memory was seeing Disneyland, but...

When I was little I wanted to ride Space Mountain at WDW and I got split up from my dad in the queue and had to ride with this Hispanic family who didn't speak English. I was in the front row and when we got into the Space Dome they freaked out sooo incredibly badly just yelling in Spanish and shaking me. I only got to ride Space Mountain once so far in my life and that was one of the best moments I've had. It cracks me up because I just remember hearing "Ayúdame!!!!"

Once_Upon_A_Time

♥Disneyland Addict♥
I can't see the photos, but that's such a cool story! Did they give you like any makeup fast passes or anything, or were they just like scram? Lol

My favorite memory is definitely not as exciting.

My absolute favorite memory was seeing Disneyland, but...

When I was little I wanted to ride Space Mountain at WDW and I got split up from my dad in the queue and had to ride with this Hispanic family who didn't speak English. I was in the front row and when we got into the Space Dome they freaked out sooo incredibly badly just yelling in Spanish and shaking me. I only got to ride Space Mountain once so far in my life and that was one of the best moments I've had. It cracks me up because I just remember hearing "Ayúdame!!!!"
Haha yeah We Got a front of the line pass and we used it on peter pan because the lines always like an hour haha! Aww u can't see the photos :( Thats a pretty funny story tho my biggest fear was always getting lost at disneyland when i was younger

Bigbuddyr

Sadly, I dont how long ago this happened but I think I was in 6th grade. My family and I just got back to our hotel, the Caribbean Beach Resort afetr a long day at Disney World. However, my dad, older sister and I wanted to go and see what the resort had to offer while my mom went o bed. As we walked around the resort, we came to this sandy area and in the distance, there was a hammock hanging off two trees. As soon as my sister saw it, she screamed "HAMMOCK" and shot off while my dad and I just stood there in shock at how fast she was running just to see a hammock. When she reached the hammock, instead of stopping, she just jumped into it and because of her momentum, the hammock swung upside down and she face planted into the sand. My dad and I died laughing while she tried to stand with her face full of sand. Ah, that was a great day.

perksofamy

Once when I went in the summer for a late birthday present, I got a pin saying it was my birthday and when we were walking towards the castle, Aurora was walking down and stopped and said to me "Well a very happy birthday to you, princess!!" and I almost fainted. I know they probably say that to everyone but it still made you feel super special :3
PLUS, when we went to go eat at the Blue Bayou, I got free chocolate mousse for wearing my pin :D
And when I went to "Mickey's very scary Halloween party", I dressed up as waldo, and when we were waiting in line to trick or treat, There was a family all dressed up like waldo's so they came up to me and said, "WE FOUND U OUR LOST DAUGHTER". It was hilarious.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I was 10 years old and even though I was scared out of my mind over going on Rock n Roller Coaster, I was determined to man up as much as a 10 year old could and go, because it was the only ride at WDW I hadn't gone on in my life. So as we were walking up to the ride a Cast Member approached me and my dad asking "would you like to be my VIP's today?" (I didn't know that was a thing they did, and I hadn't heard of anyone else being asked this since then) so we said yes. And we basically got to go straight to the front of the line, and time we got to the loading area she asked where I wanted to sit, and I said "row one" LOL! Then we sat down and the vehicle pulled up to the tunnel. So as I was starring down this deep dark tunnel of nothing I realized how stupid my decision was. But the ride started and my whole fear of going upside down went away, and from then on Rock n Roller Coaster became my favorite Disney ride of all time. I just love thinking about that memory because when you're that young, going on a ride like that feels like you're the biggest daredevil on Earth.

tbh, just being their (only there once when i was 12)
but a memory i hated from there for a long time was that when i met goofy i got marker on his glove from signing my book and i was so embarrassed and thought i ruined the costume forever

I have so many great memories at WDW,but my favorite is when I got to disney during thanksgiving in 2001 when I was 7. I was confused because we ate thanksgiving dinner earlier than usual, and then my mom said were going to disney and I packed my little suitcase so fast lol.

my absolute favorite memory as a kid was me and my family were at magic kingdom, and we wanted to ride the train (i was literally obsessed with trains as a kid, and tbh i still am) the only seats available were in the very back car. anyways they have a person that stands at the very end of the car on the balcony end that announces the stops and stuff, and he was like yo kid u like trains?? and i nodded and my father and mother smiled. he took me to the back of the train and let me watch the end of the train as the tracks went by. it was sooo magical as a kid it was crazy. then he put his conductor hat on my head and let me announce the next stop. he gave me a sticker and let me go back to my parents. it was literally the most magical experience i have ever had in disney by far. i will never forget it :)

Once_Upon_A_Time

♥Disneyland Addict♥
Bump

Well there are a LOT of amazing memories at Disney parks for me. But one of my favorites would probably be the following: When i was a little kid they had a Pocahontas show in Animal Kingdom and well i would dress as her when i'd go to that park and when i would go to the show early they'd let me open the show :D it was sooooo cool. though that shows gone now :\

Thats just one of like 1000 awesome memories from a Disney park

my sister and I used to go to Florida every year to visit my grandparents and go to Disney. I was about 8 and my sister was 16, and all I wanted was a princess hat like the minnie ones in game and she bought me one and it was pink and had like 3 princesses on it. so i was super happy I could finally be a princess in my mind.

then my grandparents and my sister and i all went on the pirates of the carribbean ride and I was super scared for some reason bc it was really dark and I was 8 and I was like "this is no place for a princess" and they died laughing and it's still an inside joke with my family.

There are sooo many, but honestly, the best one was something I had an opportunity to do for someone else. So when they announce tickets would be available for the 2008 Disney Channel games closing concert, I went to get some (they were free) and we could get up to six. We had four people, but got the six tickets just in case we had more that wanted to go.

This was the concert with Miley Cyrus (recording Fly On The Wall for future album release), Jonas Brothers, Demi Lovato (her first big concert she said), Jordan Pruitt and The Cheetah Girls. We ended up not needing the other two tickets we had, but did not want them to go to waste with the line up that was going to perform.

So the day of the concert, we went early in the day to MGM Studios (before it was renamed) and went to have some fun. All the while, we were on a mission, make someones Disney trip extra special. So at that time Jo Bros we up and coming, Demi was just staring, but really, Miley was the perceived "headliner" of this concert. She was breaking away from Hannah Montana, but still very connected to the character. With that, we purposely search the park for a parent with a young lady, and the requirement was that the young lady needed to be wearing a Hannah Montana t-shirt.

We tried to find someone not in a obvious family unit together because we did not want to break anyone up. We found a mom and young lady by themselves and went to the mom and explained that the Disney Channel games had been happening and being filmed that week and that it was the last day and there was a closing concert with everyone, but more specifically, Miley Cyrus. We said she have the tickets for free if she wanted them so she and her daughter could go. About that time, her husband and son walked up. The mom talked to the dad and they decided the mom would take the daughter to the concert, so with their approval, we asked the young lady if she wanted to see Miley Cyrus. Her face just absolutely lit up with the biggest smile.

We saw them that night at the concert and they had a great time. The memory for us is that we got to take a young ladies trip to Disney, which was already something really special, and add an unforgettable surprise to it that she will not forget and will something she talks about as her special memory in the future.