finding dory shell collecting?

So, this thread is basically one giant spoiler to those who haven't seen the film. If you haven't seen it and you do not want to be spoiled... RUN.

Amy tells us that July's theme is Finding Dory, which is SUPER exciting. With all these people returning to the game, we should have a fun event in celebration, as well as a way to keep this momentum going! This is how I thought of shell collecting.
In the movie, Dory's parents collect shells and spread them around their ocean home in hopes that Dory will somehow find her way back. What if we used the shells (or even clams from the Captain's Quest Quarters if it makes it easier) as a way to "basket hunt" like we did for Easter. We collect the shells in public rooms and get prizes from them. Basket collecting/turkey hunting was some of the best times I've had on this game since everyone can hang out together while doing it. Just thought I'd throw that idea out there!

Cosmicsweet

Excellent idea! We need more people in public rooms and this would be a great way to reacquaint those who haven't been on for sometime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes :D

yes yes yes!! even if we could make it where you're able to earn a good amount of money like in the beginning of myvmk in the good old days when you collected the shell and got something like 100-50c, that'd be rad enough for me!!

Amy

Head Administrator
Originally there were only two ways to get credits, through NPCs (which gave much higher amounts of credits) and through shells dropped in public rooms with a certain amount of people in them. Eventually the shells were relegated to adventureland bazaar and captains quest quaters only, then CQQ only, and now are just in the diving rooms giving 1 credit each. It could be fun to do something in that spirit at some point this month though, bring them back in a different form with prizes.

Originally there were only two ways to get credits, through NPCs (which gave much higher amounts of credits) and through shells dropped in public rooms with a certain amount of people in them. Eventually the shells were relegated to adventureland bazaar and captains quest quaters only, then CQQ only, and now are just in the diving rooms giving 1 credit each. It could be fun to do something in that spirit at some point this month though, bring them back in a different form with prizes.
The shells once gave keys back in 2014 Valentine's Day :D

I'm glad you think so :D