Fireworks Help

I just found out this game came back and I'm so happy. I still keep in touch with my old friends from the first vmk and I have sent messages to them all to come back and play.

My question is about the fireworks game. I used to rule at it but now I can't remember any of my old tips. Hopefully some of the high scoring people can offer some advice.

What is more important - getting flawless or going for the combos?
Not sure whats more rewarding, the flawless mutiplier or the combo bonus

I forget what it was I concentrated on. Also is this the version that has the set pattern or is it the new one that makes it all random? (I liked it better before they changed it to the new version).

Now I need to re-memmorize the order of the colors lol!

InaDaze

The Confused One.
To answer the flawless/combo question: It depends on the stage and also can depend on the particular round.

Typically I follow this: Stages 1, 2, and 3 I will aim for flawless primarily since combo bonuses are so low. Stages 4 and 5 I will look for those combos while making sure I maintain my flawless streak. Some times though in Stages 4 and 5 I will look for just keeping flawless as once you play enough you will probably be able to pick up if the combo set on the round will produce a lot of points or whether it's best just to go flawlesses while keeping out for the 1-2 combos that happen in the round. At times in Stage 3 you can pull out some very strong combo points and maintain your flawless streak too, just depends on the combo sets.

I'm unsure what your second question is really asking as I never got to play fireworks in VMK as my computer was way too slow and I always lagged when I tried to play. But every game I have played recently has had different combo sets in each round. Nothing has really seemed to be the exact same to me.

I typically can get above 7k a game now. as when I started playing i was probably scoring 4.5k-5k. Just takes a lot of practice to get used to and it's always hardest to get new scores when the combo sets get changed up. If you have any other questions let me know either on this thread or you can PM me. You can also find me in game under the same name as I have here. Best of luck to you!

To answer the flawless/combo question: It depends on the stage and also can depend on the particular round.

Typically I follow this: Stages 1, 2, and 3 I will aim for flawless primarily since combo bonuses are so low. Stages 4 and 5 I will look for those combos while making sure I maintain my flawless streak. Some times though in Stages 4 and 5 I will look for just keeping flawless as once you play enough you will probably be able to pick up if the combo set on the round will produce a lot of points or whether it's best just to go flawlesses while keeping out for the 1-2 combos that happen in the round. At times in Stage 3 you can pull out some very strong combo points and maintain your flawless streak too, just depends on the combo sets.

Yes thank you! This is the kind of tips I was hoping for. Thank you so much!

Edit- followed your tips and doubled my score. I think now its just a matter of practice and memorizing. Thank you thank you!!

Last edited: