Fireworks - Scoring/Credits Bug

Geggy

So, if you haven't noticed yet, there is a scoring glitch (and therefore a credits glitch as well) that has been exploited in the Fireworks game. To be honest, if it's not a glitch, then it's a hack. However, the ones who have taken advantage of this glitch haven't posted a thread about it, so I am doing it for them.

As a comparison, I'm attaching a picture of the All Time Top Scores from VMK's Fireworks Remixed...just the top five scores, though, since you don't need the entire list.

View attachment 816 View attachment 815

Rynosauric

Mr. Cinderella
I've noticed this. I can hardly get 3,000 points in a game. I don't really see how it's even remotely possible to retrieve 70,000+ points within one game.
Good catch, Geggy. I hope they fix this soon.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
This should've just been reported to Kevin, or Grizzly, or Amy directly. No need to sensationalize it and draw even more attention to it. People have been raging and sitting in uproar all morning over this when it will be dealt with by those who have the authority to do so. Let it go. Let's not sharpen the pitchforks, or light the torches over it.

Geggy

This should've just been reported to Kevin, or Grizzly, or Amy directly. No need to sensationalize it and draw even more attention to it. People have been raging and sitting in uproar all morning over this when it will be dealt with by those who have the authority to do so. Let it go. Let's not sharpen the pitchforks, or light the torches over it.
How do you think bugs are supposed to be reported - through the Bugs Forum...
This hasn't been sensationalized, but since there wasn't a thread about it, there needed to be one. You may feel otherwise, but I'm just reporting a glitch...no witch hunt over here. ;)

@Ace, that's 720K (720,000)
And the credits "Lost" received for that game was 144K Sorry to put him on blast, but tbh he did it to himself.

acebatonfan

*facepalm* And I can barely get 1800 points per game, and that's if my game isn't bugged (I can get 300+ points the first round, but a glitch is only causing me to get 100 now). It's sad that people have to use hacks to gain an advantage in this game.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
How do you think bugs are supposed to be reported - through the Bugs Forum...
This hasn't been sensationalized, but since there wasn't a thread about it, there needed to be one. You may feel otherwise, but I'm just reporting a glitch...no witch hunt over here. ;)
Lol the line about "pitchforks and torches" has been my satirical plug about the "passion" of this community since the beginning. No offense was meant.
And I know how "bugs" are reported, but seeing as only a handful (or less) of players are able to exploit this, it seems more like a hack than a bug. In my opinion, something like this should just be reported DIRECTLY not via thread only because I've seen over and over, that eventually in a thread, people express their "passion" about things rather angrily and arguments ensue. I just don't want to see another thread turn in to people bashing one another over and over.

Just some insight, and my opinion.

Lost

I removed all names so as not to flame, because I truly am wanting to report a bug.

However, when one of the people who took advantage of said bug is walking around with a full lanyard of 5* Bat Magics, then they are bringing more attention to it, themselves.
This isn't me having a go at anyone but I'm just going to get it out there.

If you had a bug to report then please do so, I don't see you bringing any bug to the staffs attention that they would not have seen looking on the main website. Secondly, I would not want to write up my bug report on such an open forum where MANY people could abuse it, not just the few that did which can be kept track off, but 1000's. It's much easier to fix and take away from a small amount than half the VMK population. Thirdly, I was being flamed for a long time, I found the bug, checked it a few times and stopped for hours whilst people bashed me, I decided to do it for fun and as a joke got the magics as people were already bashing me left and right, why not have a little fun.

To anyone with half a brain they would have released staff would see this as they get on, take away what was gotten and fix the problem. All this did was bring EVEN more attention to it whilst giving nothing beneficial. I didn't tell anyone what I did and I get bashed for being selfish when all those people wanted to exploit the bug. Double standards.

Let the staff do their job and if you have a legitimate bug then post it.

"Attention to themselves"? This was posted way before I got the magics. So where is the attention coming from here really?

Just a few thoughts, I'll step off my soapbox now.

Shrimp

This isn't me having a go at anyone but I'm just going to get it out there.

If you had a bug to report then please do so, I don't see you bringing any bug to the staffs attention that they would not have seen looking on the main website. Secondly, I would not want to write up my bug report on such an open forum where MANY people could abuse it, not just the few that did which can be kept track off, but 1000's. It's much easier to fix and take away from a small amount than half the VMK population. Thirdly, I was being flamed for a long time, I found the bug, checked it a few times and stopped for hours whilst people bashed me, I decided to do it for fun and as a joke got the magics as people were already bashing me left and right, why not have a little fun.

To anyone with half a brain they would have released staff would see this as they get on, take away what was gotten and fix the problem. All this did was bring EVEN more attention to it whilst giving nothing beneficial. I didn't tell anyone what I did and I get bashed for being selfish when all those people wanted to exploit the bug. Double standards.

Let the staff do their job and if you have a legitimate bug then post it.

"Attention to themselves"? This was posted way before I got the magics. So where is the attention coming from here really?

Just a few thoughts, I'll step off my soapbox now.
Remember, don't forget to take fault on your own action. I'm sure you flaunting around 30 bat magics also bought this glitch to more attention. After all, that's how I figured all this, from people's statements.

I think if you have best intentions, you should record a game of you playing and send it to Amy as she obviously did not come across this issue or else she wouldn't have released Fireworks in advance. I wouldn't want Amy to waste lots of her time trying to trigger the glitch when a select people in the community already know how and can work with her to help.

And remember, it's quite impossible to hide any tactics on obtaining ridiculous amounts of scores as names are displayed in the homepage. So it's just best to work with the staff and provide them with the exact information they're looking for, the methods used on triggering that glitch.

Remember, don't forget to take fault on your own action. I'm sure you flaunting around 30 bat magics also bought this glitch to more attention. After all, that's how I figured all this, from people's statements.

I think if you have best intentions, you should record a game of you playing and send it to Amy as she obviously did not come across this issue or else she wouldn't have released Fireworks in advance. I wouldn't want Amy to waste lots of her time trying to trigger the glitch when a select people in the community already know how and can work with her to help.

And remember, it's quite impossible to hide any tactics on obtaining ridiculous amounts of scores as names are displayed in the homepage. So it's just best to work with the staff and provide them with the exact information they're looking for, the methods used on triggering that glitch.
Amen. Also, I don't understand why people are complaining at the OP reporting a bug in the bug report forum. Whether or not people start jumping down people's throats, that's not their fault or their problem. The STAFF put this forum here for a reason. Obviously they'll be able to handle it themselves. This shouldn't be more complicated than it is-- if there's a bug, you report it in the bug report forum, it's that simple. Besides, people can go ahead and share their opinion if they want. I rarely see anybody getting flamed (though it DOES happen) when debating their opinion. And if that ever happens, then the staff can take care of it.