Five Nights At Freddy's Ruined Storybookland For Me

Grizeus

What is happening?
Remember the jack-in-the-box puppet in Five Nights 2 that you had to keep happy by frequently winding up a music box... or else? This is the main tune that plays from the music box...

And this is of course, Storybookland in VMK...

THE MUSIC IS EXACTLY THE SAME.

My spine was tingling as soon as I entered Storybookland for the first time in MyVMK just a few days ago. My senses were suddenly so ready for any maniacal animatronics to pop out at any moment. I still mentally get sent back to Five Nights at Freddy's 2 whenever I enter Storybookland now, and probably always will. Makes this small part of Fantasyland very unsettling and kinda thrilling.

Turns out, the music box theme came from an old Civil War era song called "My Grandfather's Clock" that's since been covered by a lot of country and folk artists.

Not sure where this specific music box version of it came from, but it's obviously been included in one or more libraries of stock music and sound. VMK/MyVMK and the Five Nights at Freddy's games both heavily incorporate a lot of stock audio, but in pretty clever and layered ways. I like that there's now this little connection between them for me. And who knows? Maybe a possessed puppet really is hiding inside Storybookland (besides Pinocchio).

Evehist

Sometimes I art.
I didn't believe you when you said they were exactly the same...
my jaw dropped, they really are EXACTLY the same! creeeepy~ lol XD

Grizeus

What is happening?
:D
Some fans of FNAF have made a few Disney recreations of the Five Nights games, but I don't know if there are any that feature Disney Parks animatronics - they really should.

Nokuto

When I was little it was just a tune that played when you went in there. Now it has this big erie feeling bc of FNAF. Now it's creepy :sneaky: