Fix for Firefox black screen > v52.

After you do this, i'd suggest going to the settings and turning the auto-update off so it doesn't go back to the newest version. <3
That's not necessary for this version of firefox, the ESR version will support vmk until v59. After v59 you will have to turn off auto-updates.
I highly recommend not turning off auto updates as it exposes your computer to virus and other malicious attackers.

That's not necessary for this version of firefox, the ESR version will support vmk until v59. After v59 you will have to turn off auto-updates.
I highly recommend not turning off auto updates as it exposes your computer to virus and other malicious attackers.
Oh good to know! I wasn't sure if it would force an update to a version that didn't support it (:

DMoCTTA

I currently can't access the game on Firefox... if I do this would I be able to restore all my bookmarks even though it's going from vanilla firefox to ESR? Or would those be lost?

Thanks!
All your passwords and bookmarks stay the same when you uninstall regular firefox and install ESR. Nothing changes, I've installed it on multiple machines and it's working.

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.
i'm using a macbook pro, i clicked on your link and it doesn't work for me.
i updated to the new mozilla firefox and i'm still getting a black screen. ????

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.