Forum or sub-forum for public rooms?? ><"

I'm sorry if this is stupid. But sometimes I'm just hanging out in a public room like ... doing nothing. And I really want to tell someone to come hang out with me, but my entire online friend list is in the Fantasyland Courtyard or a trade room or guest room (which is so awkward to enter unless I already know everyone else in the room) or playing Jungle Cruise or Fireworks. Or I'm just too embarrassed to ask.

I think, based on some of the comments and posts I've seen on the forums, that this wouldn't be a bad idea? I don't know ><"

Edit: I'm so sorry. It's one of those mornings. And I didn't even make the suggestion lol. My suggestion is a forum where we post the public room we're in~ and about how long we're going to be there, maybe? I'd hope that maybe it would encourage people to start hanging out and socializing outside of the guest rooms and FC/FW/JC.

Edit: Or a thread, as someone pointed out to me. Which is actually a much better idea~ But if it isn't even something worthwhile, then obviously it shouldn't happen.