Forum Reminder: Spambots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Occasionally, you may see some spambots registering and posting, usually to advertise a malicious website. They are (usually) automated programs who prowl public forums in an attempt to publicize sites that may contain harmful content.

Here are some ways you can usually identify a spambot:
  • Advertisements of products in posts by newly registered accounts
  • Use of broken English (i.e. sentences that don't make sense)
  • One or more links to untrustworthy outside content

If you're not one hundred percent sure where a link is going to take you, don't click it!

If you see a spambot posting on the forums, report their post immediately. Please do not reply to the spam thread, as the bots will not reply to you and the issue will be taken care of as soon as a moderator sees it. Replying to spambot threads simply creates more spam.

Any questions or concerns may be posted in this thread or directed to a forum staff member via Private Message.

Thank you!
MyVMK Staff

Dinoluc

I was about to say... As spambots are bad, I'm kind of happy that we've gotten big enough for them to notice us.
I'm sad that if we get big, we might actually go out of beta earlier than expected.. And I'm still poor and need more beta stuff XD

Emelon

Spam bots don't only attack popular forums. I've seen them take over smaller extremely unknown forums too. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.