french musicals

LordeByron

it's a long shot, but does anyone else watch french musicals??

my favorite is mozart l'opera rock (it's french rock opera...about mozart...), but i also like dracula, 1789, and cleopatre.

also, does anyone listen to just general french music? (listen to mika's "elle me dit" or coeur de pirate's "danse et danse" and u will be converted to the glory of french pop, trust me.)

I love Elle me dit too. (Actually I love most of Mika's music). I like danse et danse, but my favorite Coeur de Pirate songs are Ensemble and Adieu.

i adore the original french, it does the musical so much more justice.
I don't think it's the original french version, I think it's a re-translated version of the English show.

I've heard the concept demos from the original show with translations, and I'm just too keen on the English version of the show that I didn't like it as much.

LordeByron

I don't think it's the original french version, I think it's a re-translated version of the English show.

I've heard the concept demos from the original show with translations, and I'm just too keen on the English version of the show that I didn't like it as much.
yeah, i don't think ANY boots exist of the original original, which is sad. i still find it so weird that they re-translated it back into french.

i prefer the concept songs. i mean, i adore the english too, but there's just something about the french.
mostly i like cosette's voice a LOT more in the concept. also, gavroche's song is the greatest in the concept because the lyrics were taken directly from the book. i'm a huge fan of the book so i love it. :)
also the concept album javert is the best.

yeah, i don't think ANY boots exist of the original original, which is sad. i still find it so weird that they re-translated it back into french.

i prefer the concept songs. i mean, i adore the english too, but there's just something about the french.
mostly i like cosette's voice a LOT more in the concept. also, gavroche's song is the greatest in the concept because the lyrics were taken directly from the book. i'm a huge fan of the book so i love it. :)
also the concept album javert is the best.
An audio bootleg from the original production exists, and it's soundboard quality.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m03iymk6jj5spp5/Les+Miserables+-+LIVE+-+1980+-+Paris.rar

you are actually a saint oh my gosh
I actually listened to this again in full and googled who was singing what. I didn't realize Eponine had a completely different solo. It sounds pretty good.

I'm glad with a lot of the changes made, but there were some gems in the original production.

I watch French movies, with French singing as well. I've watched Notre Dame de Paris and Les Miserables. I also watch French music videos like Disney's The Lion King and Sometimes (French Version, written by Britney Spears in English) by Sunny.

ELLE ME DIT IS LITERALLY MY JAM OMG THANK U SO MUCH
also comme des enfants by cœur de pirate :hearts:
uuuhm ce jeu by yelle is also fantastic

as for movie soundtracks LES CHORISTES omg
okay im getting overexcited ty for this thread