GameMaker c:

Ohay there ~

I'm far from being a programmer. However, I am a game design student in my sophomore year of college. Last semester I had a class where we just tried to make a game with a team of three people for the whole semester. It was pretty challenging, but what I thought was interesting was the use of gamemaker. If you want to learn the basics of programming and don't really know anything about it (Like me) I think its a really good tool to use. It was made to teach elementary students (says my professor). I think they give out the program for free on Steam. It's kind of a drag and drop type program, but you can also type in your own code.

I just thought this would be helpful to some people who wanted to get in to programming :3

Hello, Yes this is a brilliant tool to get you use to the basics of programming, but I would advise anyone that uses it to not rely on it. If one was to get too use to it, it teaches you very bad habits.
Also yes I have taught classes to Elementary student as well as secondary school children (England)

I would actually recommend it just for a few weeks to learn the basic idea behind object orientated programming, but if you wanted to learn something that you could expand on easily I would recommend something like python/delphi/ruby something like that.

If you have any questions on anything feel free to ask :) sorry if this is badly written it's 4am x)