Gauging your ears

So, i am just wondering, what is everyones thought's about gauging?
Im totally okay for it, but when they get too big, i think then it gets gross.
Right now i am gauging them, im only at 12 but i dont plan to go to big. :o

So, what is your thoughts?

Ew... on girls I'd think it's somewhat okay (as long as it's not too big) but on guys, no. Ugh and when the ear rips and there's like little legs dangling.. ugh I can't.

kalyee

If you take care of them they don't bother me that much - when they smell and get red and crusty it makes my stomach turn and I can't understand how people let that happen - but I don't find them very flattering on many people.

I like small gauges. Some people can pull off larger gauges, but more often then not I think smaller look better. Ugh, if I could gauge mine I would. My initial piercings sit too low on my ear tho, so I'm afraid of tearing if I stretch at all T-T

It looks fine but what happens when you don't want to wear them anymore? Do you just go around with big holes in your ears? I'm asking because I have always wondered how that works.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

allison

I don't like them, personally I think gauged ears look trashy and unbecoming. Also, I don't think it can be that healthy for you. I would imagine that people who use gauges would be more prone to risk of infection, since you're stretching out your skin like that. Of course I could be wrong, but that's just my assumption

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Solar

I don't like how they look at all, either. They are tolerable to look at on women if they're not obnoxiously large. But for men, I just think they look silly.

Elle

It looks fine but what happens when you don't want to wear them anymore? Do you just go around with big holes in your ears? I'm asking because I have always wondered how that works.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Surgery, basically. Or if it's too expensive for you, then you pretty much just walk around with your ears like that. I personally like it, but I don't like the really big ones.. But to each their own I guess.

vause

It's called stretching - gauges are the size :x
But anyway, it depends on the person, like most people say. I had mine stretched for awhile, but they were only 00g. Usually after you hit 0g is when they don't shrink back to normal size. I still wear regular earrings, but they're loose in my ears now, but it's not gross at all. As for the people talking about infection, just like any piercing, they won't get infected if you take care of them right. If you're stretching them, be careful. Don't force a bigger size taper into your ear if it won't go. You can blow-out the hole if you skip sizes or if you aren't careful. Take the time between each size. Don't skip sizes. Just don't.

Sometimes they're just way too much though. Like, if I can fit half of my fingers through your ear, you need to stop. There's a point where it's not attractive at all. But honestly, it's your body - do what you want.

Last edited:
lol what's gauging???? don't even start stretching if you can't use correct terminology.

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.
i know a few girls with small gauges, its not ugly at all.
if they are really big where you can stick your thumb through it... that's gross.

I like them.. I had mine at a 00 for a while and when I took them out I was still able to fit regular earrings in and they closed up nicely. If you're not looking to go too big I would suggest just going to a 2 or a 0. But going up to a 0 from a 2 was definitely the most painful!!

TacoBell

I like them up to a certain point I suppose, after a while they just get to big and eh just not my thing.
Mine are at an 8 right now and will probably stay that way cause they're small but I really like them aha.