Gender Based Prizes are Unfair

Cat

Guys and Dolls, as we're all sitting here over offering for the extremely desirable teal winter jacket and beanie, has anyone stopped to consider how extremely unfair it is?

So basically, just for entering (and not getting disqualified) the gingerbread competition as a boy, you're auto-rich, with your free consolation prize being valued at around 100k. The girl counterpart prize isn't even valued at half that. So, how in the world is this fair?
For one, obviously more people are going to desire the teal set, because it's not a gender neutral color. And honestly, I know many many many people, boys and girls alike, whom's favorite color is teal.
Ideally, they would be valued the same, and it would be easy to do a 1 for 1 swap.
This is not the case, as there are many more girls in the population than boys. So you're already giving girls the lesser-in-value item than you're giving the boys BEFORE you even factor in that teal is the overall more desirable color. Boys have the benefit either which way you look at it.
Right now, it's absolutely impossible to compete and trade for the teal set as SO many people are offering for them and SO few people are trading them. It's all extremely unfair.
And it's not even like girls even had the CHANCE for teal. Since clones, even the 'legal' boy clones were disqualified from the competition, we're pretty much stuck with purple.
A fair alternative would be to allow each person who is receiving the prize to trade it for the personal desired alternative from a staff member ONCE. But with such an asymmetrically balanced community, the staff need to realize that gender based prizes just will not work and will only cause problems.

What are everyone else's opinions about this? Should there be gender based prizes in the future?

Last edited:
I'm over the gender based prizes. You should be offered an option when it comes to the color, or everyone should get the same color. Of course girls are more likely to want teal, since it's not gender based, but how many guys want the purple set? It just stinks. I didn't even enter the comp and I just feel so bad for the girls who are watching guys get offered Sparrow parts, silver ears, etc. For their set when girls can barely scrape up a firewall or two. Lame.

PrincessRuby

Yeah, I agree. Although I like the color purple, I prefer blue and any shade of it because blue is my favorite color. I feel as though there should have only been one color distributed or have a choice on which one. Well the best option would be to give both out ;) BUT that didn't happen and most likely won't. I mean I am happy to receive anything, but when there is one just like it out there with my favorite color, of course I'm going to want that one instead. Too bad everyone wants that one and there are less teal than purple out there. I'm also kind of shocked that the price for the set was really high to start out. I understand it's a rare item because no one can buy them, but really anyone could have entered and received it. You could have even made a small house just for the prize. Anyways, I hope there will be some solution to this....even if the teal set can be acquired by winning another contest, game, or host event so there will be a few more out there.

Cat

Yeah, I agree. Although I like the color purple, I prefer blue and any shade of it because blue is my favorite color. I feel as though there should have only been one color distributed or have a choice on which one. Well the best option would be to give both out ;) BUT that didn't happen and most likely won't. I mean I am happy to receive anything, but when there is one just like it out there with my favorite color, of course I'm going to want that one instead. Too bad everyone wants that one and there are less teal than purple out there. I'm also kind of shocked that the price for the set was really high to start out. I understand it's a rare item because no one can buy them, but really anyone could have entered and received it. You could have even made a small house just for the prize. Anyways, I hope there will be some solution to this....even if the teal set can be acquired by winning another contest, game, or host event so there will be a few more out there.
Exactly, they required absolutely no effort to begin with in the first place. An automatic way to get rich for the boys. I attempted to enter the competition, I built a house and everything. And then I realized I had forgot to register just a day too late; so no teal OR purple set for me. I would be extra disappointed if I had even been fortunate enough to receive a consolation prize but I was cursed with receiving the girl prize. After that whole disappointment of not being able to enter, I decided I would trade for the consolation prize. And when they were announced, I decided that I liked the teal set a whole ton more and that was the one I would offer on. Still, everything I have worth trading isn't enough, so I'm not even sure what to do at this point.

PrincessRuby

Exactly, they required absolutely no effort to begin with in the first place. An automatic way to get rich for the boys. I attempted to enter the competition, I built a house and everything. And then I realized I had forgot to register just a day too late; so no teal OR purple set for me. I would be extra disappointed if I had even been fortunate enough to receive a consolation prize but I was cursed with receiving the girl prize. After that whole disappointment of not being able to enter, I decided I would trade for the consolation prize. And when they were announced, I decided that I liked the teal set a whole ton more and that was the one I would offer on. Still, everything I have worth trading isn't enough, so I'm not even sure what to do at this point.
I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't enter because of the registration. I know others had problems with it, too. I was hoping to do a swap with my purple, but didn't realize teal has a higher value...smh. And I don't even have ultra rare or even rare items to trade. Yeah, I have one firewall, but that will get me nowhere lol. Good luck with getting your teal set! Maybe people will get tired of them haha.

lucifer

baked gremlin
What makes it worse is that it was so easy to get. A boy literally could of only put one piece of gingerbread and would of still gotten the teal set.

Peaches

i have no gender & i must scream
What makes it worse is that it was so easy to get. A boy literally could of only put one piece of gingerbread and would of still gotten the teal set.
no, im pretty sure they disqualified if there was no effort.
if they didnt this situation is even more messed up tho

And it all consists of like 10-20 people who control the price. I would have NEVER expected these sets to be worth so much, but when you see like 10 people in a row offering 80K worth of stuff BEFORE the prizes even came out, what do you do?! Lol then girls' winter set dropped drastically and boys' went up 20K.

Cat

I want both sets but no one is trading purple for non ridiculous prices so it goes both ways.
Just saying that it's harder to get a teal set than it is a purple. That's what the OP is about. If I wanted to trade for teal, I'd have to offer whatever I'd offer for purple and THE SOME.

I am in no way a feminist but this is defiantly messed up, not even the boys can deny this. If the situation was reversed, it would be equally as unfair.

Exactly, I got the purple beanie by offering blue princess and purple ears. For teal beanie, I'd have to offer the purple SET or who knows, probably more LMBO

I don't see any issue with a gender based prize...

It's not like women got bras and guys got boxers, it's two different colors. People saying "It's not fair" how is it not fair? There's literally nothing dramatically different between the two items. Players control the trading values, if you have an issue with an item not being traded for a fair value it's most likely an issue with the player not the staff.

Hello everyone,

This is a friendly reminder that we do not allow rants on the forums. Please keep things friendly and constructive towards the main purpose of this thread: a suggestion of a change in the game. If this turns into a rant thread or starts debate, it will be closed.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions :)
-Sully

I don't see any issue with a gender based prize...

It's not like women got bras and guys got boxers, it's two different colors. People saying "It's not fair" how is it not fair? There's literally nothing dramatically different between the two items. Players control the trading values, if you have an issue with an item not being traded for a fair value it's most likely an issue with the player not the staff.
What is annoying is that, because there are two different sets (one being more rare than the other bc there are less guys in the game and is a more gender neutral color), it gives them a HUGE advantage in the game. But yes, the values are totally up to the players, not the staff. My suggestion for staff was to make it all the same prize for everyone or an option at least. This happened last year with the pink/red winter sets as well.

Last edited: