General Anime Chat

Baka

I'm not sure if a thread like this has been created, but I'm wondering who likes anime here and what they're favorite one is o:

When I went to the city for my birthday, my parents pointed out an anime store and I literally freaked out, not to mention kind of scared the person I brought with me lool. But I went absolutely crazy and ended up getting these two things. :3 http://instagram.com/p/e3CFP4pRpD/ (There was so much more Fairytail stuff in there, but I didn't wanna drive my parents broke.)

But ye, as you can see I'm a bit overly obsessed with Fairytail, especially when it comes to Happy o3o <3
How about you guys?
I just recently finished the fairy tail episodes available on Netflix, and I have to say it's up there with my favorites!

I just started a new series called Sword Art Online. The entire series takes place in 2022, where there's a new video game system that taps directly into your brain, so you're actually experiencing the game in true first person. After the game's official launch, though, the 10,000 players realize they're trapped in the virtual RPG, and the only way to escape is for someone to reach the 100th dungeon. It's pretty crazy!

Here's the "official" synopsis..
In the near future, a Virtual Reality Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG) called Sword Art Online has been released where players control their avatars with their bodies using a piece of technology called: Nerve Gear. One day, players discover they cannot log out, as the game creator is holding them captive unless they reach the 100th floor of the game's tower and defeat the final boss. However, if they die in the game, they die in real life. Their struggle for survival starts now...
http://www.hulu.com/sword-art-online (SUB Only)

Edit: I just noticed like 2-3 other people have posted about SAO.. lol. I'll keep the post here anyway, since I REALLY am liking this series.

I know this is a tad bit late, but figured I could maybe revive this awesome thread ^__^ I just started watching Sword Art Online(I'm on episode 10) and I LOVE IT <3 I also finished DN Angel on Monday and started/finished Ghost hunt from Monday Night into Tuesday morning. Both are super great too. DN Angel made me bawl like a baby.. So sad to see it end. I highly recommend Ghost Hunt to anyone who likes mystery/horror Anime. BUT DO NOT WATCH IT AT 2:30 AM LIKE I DID. Super scary, especially towards the end.

Jet

I'm supposed to be watching Dragonball Z Kai, Rose of Versailles, and Robotic;Notes, as well as rewatching Gurren Lagann, but I haven't had the drive to do so in a few months. :T I also still need to watch the rest of 009-1, Mushi-Shi, and Galaxy Express 999, as well as start Megazone 23, FLCL, Paranoia Agent, Princess Tutu, The Big O, and a looooot more.

As far as favorites go, I like Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Digimon (especially Tamers), Panty & Stocking, and a bunch more I can't remember right now. As far as movies, REDLINE is one of my favorite movies of all time, but I also like Ghibli stuff, Satoshi Kon stuff, the Genius Bomb movies, and pretty much anything Koji Morimoto's put his hands on.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Oh my goodness that is too cute. The first anime I ever saw was My Neighbor Totoro, I'm still obsessed with Totoro to this day. The first anime series I saw was Inuyasha, I was more than overjoyed that they continued it and gave an ending to their story in Final Act. I have a list of all animes I've seen, and animes I've yet to see. The list is insane. But I'm excited to start watching SWO.