Getting MyVMK More Popular

There should be multiple versions of host events to mitigate traffic, this is partly why i love the ride-a-thons and ultimately find more value and entertainment in them than trying to get into average host events.
sadly enough that it's only pack because it's a host event, then its back to being empty for multiple hours... some days vary of course but sitting here in game, before my class, it was just dead? and after my class, still dead. THEN THE HOST MAZE GAME CAME UP AND ITS PACKED OVER 300 (with clones of course)! :o
but why cant myvmk just be 300 instead of feeling like 100? ;( (i know exactly why but -sigh ,</3)

StevenSky

the ones who never played vmk in the past, well, they don't really get it. Therefore it's hard to find people who want to play and whom have time to play..
INCREDIBLY accurate, trying to explain this game to my friends becomes quite the task and most of the time they just go "huh... cool, i don't get it but okay".

i feel like I'm speaking another language... "WHY DON'T YOU SEE HOW MUCH FUN THIS IS?"

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member
A lot of the MyVMK population is in Collage or High School. (From what I've seen) So during summer and winter breaks, the population doubles practically. Most people were more free when they were younger so that's another reason of the low population.

KING_COLLECTOR

A lot of the MyVMK population is in Collage or High School. (From what I've seen) So during summer and winter breaks, the population doubles practically. Most people were more free when they were younger so that's another reason of the low population.
Makes sense I didnt think about that[DOUBLEPOST=1445528622][/DOUBLEPOST]
Everyone is correct. Whenever there's a host event or something, it gets crazy packed.
Did you have a chance to play the original VMK ? If so does it get as active as it was then? because even the common rooms of the kingdom were packed with people just standing around.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Did you have a chance to play the original VMK ? If so does it get as active as it was then? because even the common rooms of the kingdom were packed with people just standing around.
again, as i explained in my post that was censored (@staff), the game used to be a lot more popular. there were guest rooms w queues, host events with 500 clones/people in the queue, populated common rooms (shoutout to captains quest corner and fantasyland courtyard). things were rocky on occasion, but overall it was enjoyable. naturally, some people left due to work and college and what not, but for the most part, it was "populated." then certain ppl were put in charge and those certain ppl abused their powers and gradually turned the game into a toilet bowl for a lot of players. then a lot of dumb rules were added which further separated people and a whole bunch of silly stuff. that was like the final push for a lot of people.

sooooo now you're up to speed. wish u could've come back to a more magical place. //:

Makes sense I didnt think about that[DOUBLEPOST=1445528622][/DOUBLEPOST]
So far the only time common rooms were packed was during Dreams Month. We can't really compare this version to the original because the original was operated by a big business who had money to advertise and promote it. For some reason here in MyVMK most people tend to avoid most common rooms. They only go to game lobbies or Fantasyland Courtyard. They'd much rather go to a trade room, play mini-games, or ride than just sit and socialize.

KING_COLLECTOR

again, as i explained in my post that was censored (@staff), the game used to be a lot more popular. there were guest rooms w queues, host events with 500 clones/people in the queue, populated common rooms (shoutout to captains quest corner and fantasyland courtyard). things were rocky on occasion, but overall it was enjoyable. naturally, some people left due to work and college and what not, but for the most part, it was "populated." then certain ppl were put in charge and those certain ppl abused their powers and gradually turned the game into a toilet bowl for a lot of players. then a lot of dumb rules were added which further separated people and a whole bunch of silly stuff. that was like the final push for a lot of people.

sooooo now you're up to speed. wish u could've come back to a more magical place. //:
Thanks oreo, it is sad, staff is supposed to be friendly and listen to the players, as are the players supposed to be friendly to the staff, which is am starting to see now. Hopefully after some time heals the wounds, people will come back and staff will recognize if they made mistakes and the community will improve in numbers and emotional environment.[DOUBLEPOST=1445530093][/DOUBLEPOST]
So far the only time common rooms were packed was during Dreams Month. We can't really compare this version to the original because the original was operated by a big business who had money to advertise and promote it. For some reason here in MyVMK most people tend to avoid most common rooms. They only go to game lobbies or Fantasyland Courtyard. They'd much rather go to a trade room, play mini-games, or ride than just sit and socialize.
This is EXACTLY what I too have noticed. And I 100 percent agree with the big business and ample advertising opportunity comment. While I am a big trader and always was and spent most of my time in trade rooms, it was nice seeing other people in the common rooms, and game lobbies because it gave me a chance to meet new people, and see their stuff to see if i wanted to make an offer ;)

Bindingkey

INCREDIBLY accurate, trying to explain this game to my friends becomes quite the task and most of the time they just go "huh... cool, i don't get it but okay".

i feel like I'm speaking another language... "WHY DON'T YOU SEE HOW MUCH FUN THIS IS?"
that's the thing. explaining it falls on deaf ears, they need to play it in order to get it lol