Getting to know you

I think a problem arose of the last forum when the moderation team grew and members did not know who they were.

I suggest that if and when new mods are chosen on the forum, they should even make a thread to introduce themselves a little to the community - this interaction is crucial so that the members respect and know they can approach the staff at any time and with any query.

Krista

Halcyon said:
I think a problem arose of the last forum when the moderation team grew and members did not know who they were.

I suggest that if and when new mods are chosen on the forum, they should even make a thread to introduce themselves a little to the community - this interaction is crucial so that the members respect and know they can approach the staff at any time and with any query.
I absolutely agree with this.Nothing makes a community more comfortable then knowing who they can go to (and without being scared to do so).

i think it'd be more fun if we all pm'd the new member and blew up his or her inbox.

what say you!?!?

kidding, naw, that would be cool.

mods should be a seperate entity. no interaction with human beings!!!!!!!!! it is the only way for a forum to run successfully!!!!!!!!!! *immense sarcasm here*

that would be helpful. I was a bit afraid of voicing my opinion on the other forums because so many people were getting infractions and accused of backseat moderating when people were just trying to help out.