Google Chrome issues

VMKfan

I have downgraded my shockwave to 11.6 using the oldapp website a while ago. However today when trying to log into Vmk, I keep getting a message saying, "this plugin is not supported". I've already uninstalled and reinstalled shockwave several times after and have also deleted chrome. At this point I have no idea what else to do.

Grizeus

What is happening?
Why did you have to downgrade? I've only used Chrome for VMK and when asked, it downloaded Shockwave perfectly. I've never had any problems with Chrome.

VMKfan

Grizeus

What is happening?
Have you tried this?

http://myvmkpal.com/[DOUBLEPOST=1429134155][/DOUBLEPOST]Wow. I'm suddenly having the same issues. The game worked earlier today, then my PC underwent a mandatory update, and now it won't work in Chrome.[DOUBLEPOST=1429147211][/DOUBLEPOST]Update: Okay, Shockwave and Flash are not working in Chrome... They worked just fine yesterday. What is this? Is Google making a statement and forcing us to only view HTML5 content? @VMKfan, can you check if any flash videos or games work for you in Chrome? They work just fine for me in Firefox.

Last edited:

VMKfan

Have you tried this?

http://myvmkpal.com/[DOUBLEPOST=1429134155][/DOUBLEPOST]Wow. I'm suddenly having the same issues. The game worked earlier today, then my PC underwent a mandatory update, and now it won't work in Chrome.[DOUBLEPOST=1429147211][/DOUBLEPOST]Update: Okay, Shockwave and Flash are not working in Chrome... They worked just fine yesterday. What is this? Is Google making a statement and forcing us to only view HTML5 content? @VMKfan, can you check if any flash videos or games work for you in Chrome? They work just fine for me in Firefox.
Haven't tried it yet, I'll give it a shot. And I'll check once I get home. Seems like this problem is pretty recent

Hmm, I can't say I know why it isn't working for some people. I can still play using Chrome.

Chanclyn

I am having the same problems with Chrome ... mine also happened after the update took place... So i am guessing this has something to do withn the update..
wondering how we find a fix for this???

Grizeus

What is happening?
Okay! I went into chrome://plugins/, looked at the Flash Player plugin, saw that there were two Flash plugins listed. I disabled the PPAPI one, and checked the box for the NPAPI one to always run.

I went to the Java plugins, made sure that they are always allowed to run, and the same with the Shockwave plugin listed. Everything works again for me.