Guest Room Designs!

This was my first game, Duck Duck Boats. I won my first Best Game Room award for it. With the help of my friends, I tested it out before I went "live" with it. Back in the day, we didn't know the Host would show up, and the Best Room awards were somewhat new. It was a pleasant surprise. I can tell this is early on in VMK because of the hairstyle I'm wearing. I like the sideswept hair much better. :lol:

What my friends and I discovered about making game rooms:

1. Ride pieces and turnstiles make queue management WONDERFUL.
2. Teleporters make excellent room exits. Especially if the destination teleporter is sitting at the exit point of the next room.
3. I don't have them up in this room, but we had the ability to take photos of key rules of the game and post them on walls. All I had to do was tell the people in line to "read the photos on the wall for instructions" so I could run a game.
4. The short keys macro program was great for repetitive script. I had shortcuts for most of the stuff I had to say a LOT. It also sped up the game play process.
5. Most important: Keep it simple. If you're familiar with Duck, Duck, Goose, you could probably already tell the object of the game. If not, here's a clue: I'd keep typing "Duck" while the riders boat around the hippo pool. When I shouted "Boats!", the riders would make a mad dash to the chairs. It was Duck, Duck, Goose combined with musical chairs. The player without a chair would be eliminated. I would remove a chair for each round until the last person won.

I loved this game so much, I would love to bring it back in some fashion.

Towards the end of the game, this was probably one of my favorite "hangout" rooms. It was my backyard bbq room, complete with pool (and slide) and volleyball court. During the gingerbread building competition, I re-created this exact room, but all in gingerbread pieces.

This was my Halloween themed game, Throw That Pumpkin!

And the biggest pain to create, for a space ride contest:

MickeysBigFan

The older I get, the better I was.
This was my VMK Horse Racing game room in the original VMK:

And this was one of my storerooms:

I'll have to find pictures of my other rooms.

Bindingkey

@Kiki
omg i remember the Trick or Treat village it was amazing!

i was never THAT socially active in the original that i set out to theme my rooms. i just always made random hangouts and maybe themed restaurants. mostly i was intimidated by rooms like these because they were big and they looked expensive to make so i cried lol ;P

MickeysBigFan

The older I get, the better I was.
More rooms I had in Disney's VMK. I hope to be able to recreate some of these in MyVMK...

My Mickey Mouse Club. You had to wear Ear Hats in the room to be a "Mouse Key Tear" (you couldn't say Mousketeer in VMK)

Then I had my Pirate School. I was used as the exit room for my VMK Horse Racing game ...

My Everest themed Pin Trading / Quest room. This was the last themed room I made in VMK.

My Wild Wild West room was probably my most popular room to hangout in. Many hours were spent here my best friends and visitors. It was also used as the exit room for one of my game rooms.

"Sit A Spell" was the very first room I built in VMK. Again, many hours were spent in here chatting with friends. Over time the room really came together. The Coffin Teleporters led to all my other rooms. One of the teleporters led to the VMK Forums Teleporter Network where we had rooms full of teleporters that led to everyone else's rooms. It was cool to walk around and discover all the other rooms. Then the last teleporter in my room led to one of WingedHeart's rooms. She was my very best friend in VMK. I miss her madly.

CaptainGianna

fantastic! great building work!! Miss the original VMK :(