Gun Laws in America.

WHO

Stricter gun laws wont do anything... Criminals will still get guns, Chicago is living proof of that. Guns were just made legal to own inside city limits and the gun crime rate hasn't changed in the slightest.

I don't get what you're asking about people who use guns for suicide?
You mean illegal?

And guns aren't just used to murder other people. There's accidents where people get in arguments and it rises to someone getting a gun out in the heat of the moment. And then there's someone who's clinically depressed, etc and kills themselves. Are you saying stricter gun laws that make you have to get a mental/background checks won't save lives?
No. I mean legal. Guns were illegal to own within city limits of Chicago until a couple years ago.

I never said that guns are only used to murder people, I said GUN CRIMES, which can include pull guns in arguments, road rage, etc. Will that save lives? No it wont. In my town, I can go to at least 1 of 10 people on a street or any sketchy gas station and give them cash for a gun. You can do that in many towns. & Even with mental/background checks, things can change suddenly. Someone can be fine 1 day and then 3 months later have something happen that makes them snap.

Making guns illegal or harder to get will never stop criminals from getting guns.
Okay, but I'm not talking about murder at the moment. You don't think someone should be given a background check of records, etc before given a gun?
A mental health check will not stop anyone from committing suicide so what's the point?
Is that a joke? If someone is unstable mentally, you wouldn't hand them a gun....

And I was only addressing suicide at the moment. Not "road rage, etc".

Where did I say ANYTHING about murder??

There are background checks before you can purchase a gun. You have a criminal background check. Which is all that is needed in my opinion. A mental health check will not stop anyone from committing suicide so what's the point? If we don't let a person with a mental illness buy a gun, they'll find another way to kill themselves if they're that desperate.
1. No; they usually won't find another way. See above study.
2. Mentally unstable individual + gun = mass shooting. You want to avoid that.

Stricter gun laws wont do anything... Criminals will still get guns, Chicago is living proof of that. Guns were just made legal to own inside city limits and the gun crime rate hasn't changed in the slightest.

I don't get what you're asking about people who use guns for suicide?
You mean illegal?

And guns aren't just used to murder other people. There's accidents where people get in arguments and it rises to someone getting a gun out in the heat of the moment. And then there's someone who's clinically depressed, etc and kills themselves. Are you saying stricter gun laws that make you have to get a mental/background checks won't save lives?
No. I mean legal. Guns were illegal to own within city limits of Chicago until a couple years ago.

I never said that guns are only used to murder people, I said GUN CRIMES, which can include pull guns in arguments, road rage, etc. Will that save lives? No it wont. In my town, I can go to at least 1 of 10 people on a street or any sketchy gas station and give them cash for a gun. You can do that in many towns. & Even with mental/background checks, things can change suddenly. Someone can be fine 1 day and then 3 months later have something happen that makes them snap.

Making guns illegal or harder to get will never stop criminals from getting guns.
Okay, but I'm not talking about murder at the moment. You don't think someone should be given a background check of records, etc before given a gun?
A mental health check will not stop anyone from committing suicide so what's the point?
Is that a joke? If someone is unstable mentally, you wouldn't hand them a gun....

And I was only addressing suicide at the moment. Not "road rage, etc".
I was mentioning other GUN CRIMES, this thread wasn't about suicide it was about gun laws, therefore other gun crimes are involve in it too.

Just because we wouldn't hand them one, doesn't mean they wont get one.
Where did I say ANYTHING about murder??

There are background checks before you can purchase a gun. You have a criminal background check. Which is all that is needed in my opinion. A mental health check will not stop anyone from committing suicide so what's the point? If we don't let a person with a mental illness buy a gun, they'll find another way to kill themselves if they're that desperate.
Okay then, how did that work for drugs or alcohol? Do highschoolers still smoke weed? Do highschoolers still drink? When things are illegal, people still find ways to get around the laws. Its plain and simple.

Mentally unstable individual + a car = running people over. We want to avoid that too? Are we taking away cars from people with mental illnesses?
Or what about kitchen knives? They might stab someone! Are we never gonna let them cut a steak ever again?

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Okay then, how did that work for drugs or alcohol? Do highschoolers still smoke weed? Do highschoolers still drink? When things are illegal, people still find ways to get around the laws. Its plain and simple.

Mentally unstable individual + a car = running people over. We want to avoid that too? Are we taking away cars from people with mental illnesses?
Or what about kitchen knives? They might stab someone! Are we never gonna let them cut a steak ever again?
Now that you mention it one time my brother got serious injuries from being hit with a brick by accident, so I mean, we should probably ban bricks too. I could see two people getting in a heated argument and spontaneously picking up a brick to kill the other person. tbh I've almost wanted to hit ppl I don't like with bricks whoops arrest me.

Now that you mention it one time my brother got serious injuries from being hit with a brick by accident, so I mean, we should probably ban bricks too. I could see two people getting in a heated argument and spontaneously picking up a brick to kill the other person. tbh I've almost wanted to hit ppl I don't like with bricks whoops arrest me.
Yes omg.
Or what about chairs? People get angry and drunk and hit people with chairs a lot... Those might need to be illegal too...

allison

We need to ban pencils also because people can be stabbed with pencils. Sry pencils but u have to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
tbh we should just ban ppl because everyday on the news I read about how this person killed this person blah blah blah. ppl are dangerous, yo. let's just eliminate them all.

:cloud:

You are arguing against a conclusive scientific study right now. Suicide is not like drinking. It's often an impulsive action. Think about doing it, find a way to do it, and do it. If there are no easy ways, it's reconsidered, and doesn't happen.

Guns are not at all the same as cars. Guns are designed specifically to kill. Mentally unstable person sees a gun, thinks "I'm gonna shoot up a mall." Mentally unstable person does not think, "I'm going to kill people, I don't have a gun; let me be inventive." He doesn't use knives to kill 40 people at a movie theater, because knives are slow.

We need to ban water bc u can die from water poisoning
Holy not even close comparison, Batman!

Once again, guns are designed to kill. You can do literally nothing else of any use with a gun. There are some common household uses for water, however. I heard of a method of staying alive for longer than 72 hours once, but it requires water.

Furthermore, if one wants to overhydrate himself, that's his own choice. He can't force everyone around him to drink way too much water. He most certainly can pump others full of bullets.

There's a difference between being able to defend yourself and handing out means for mass murder with reckless abandon.

Last edited:
There's a great Sarah Silverman video about gun control, I can't post it myself because of the language, but I'd recommend it. It really shows how ridiculous the availability of guns are today in America. I don't know if it touches gun control completely, but it's based around it.