Has your name been mispronounced or misspelled?

My name is Antonia and this is some of the times or more my name has been mispronounced or misspelled.

My High School Track Coach: Antoinette? No, Antonia. (I do like that name though)
My H.S.: Antonio? Antonia.
My College Food Area: Antenia? ....Antonia.
Star Bucks: Antony? No.
My half 4th cousin who was two at the time, but now is four year use to call me Amy XD
How has your name been mispronounced or misspelled? :cloud9:

Last edited:
My name's Angellina and I can't tell you how many times my name has been not only misspelled but mispronounced.

First off everyone spells my name wrong with one L ~ Angelina.:faint: Two L's please. Thank you mom and dad for using the Italian version of the name with two L's and not the american one with one L sounded version. Thank you.(No keychains for me. Ever.)

Second, on first glance at a student list with new teachers (mostly in elementary and high school), they will end up saying my name is Angela (usually the first choice) or Angel. There's also the classic Angelica or Angelia. No one responds and they look at it the list and say it wrong, again! This doesn't even include some of the wonky pronunciations either, in both English and Spanish. Even with those who had me for a year, for example a Spanish teacher in high school, when speaking really fast would end up calling me Angela. Thank you to the teachers and other staff or sempais for making the connection to the dancing mouse (Angelina the Ballerina) to figure out the pronunciation xD Thank you to Starbucks for putting Angy on a cup once; you really know how to add another to the list. Thank you to those teachers who felt comfortable enough to just start calling me Angie (even without asking) since that's a nickname I go by anyways or even Ang (Ange) as well as friends (because aint nobody got time for a long name) and the few people who call me Amber (idek y). :grizzly::rose:

Nokuto

My name is Alissa and anytime I go to a place where they hve to write my name on something they spell ot Alyssa and it makes me mad. I can't find my name on Coke bottles or anything:corner:

My name is Alissa and anytime I go to a place where they hve to write my name on something they spell ot Alyssa and it makes me mad. I can't find my name on Coke bottles or anything:corner:
Me too, I can never find my name on anything :stare:

Otters

ok yes my name is autumn
and you would think no
but i've gotten odum once
and a lot of people forget the n or put two m's
and once i was at daycare and they call your name when your parents come to pick you up and they called for adam for about half an hour until i asked

ok to clarify i was like 7 at daycare
not now
ok

Last edited: