Hear me out:

Okay so there are a lot of players who quit (officially) and either do a giveaway or give to their friends quietly.
And then there's the people that don't.
They let their accounts sit with a whole bunch of items.
I think their should be a way to deactivate accounts and with that, their items go into a special store. For things that were bought in stores, they could be sold at the price that they were originally purchased for.
And for the items obtained other ways? I think we should have a casual crate. A crate where people's deactivated things go into. So rares are put into the game again.

I have seen a post around about an idea that when you sell an item, it does go into a store instead of into oblivion. This is sort of like that.

Idk this just came to me right before I fell asleep last night.

Lost

Okay so there are a lot of players who quit (officially) and either do a giveaway or give to their friends quietly.
And then there's the people that don't.
They let their accounts sit with a whole bunch of items.
I think their should be a way to deactivate accounts and with that, their items go into a special store. For things that were bought in stores, they could be sold at the price that they were originally purchased for.
And for the items obtained other ways? I think we should have a casual crate. A crate where people's deactivated things go into. So rares are put into the game again.

I have seen a post around about an idea that when you sell an item, it does go into a store instead of into oblivion. This is sort of like that.

Idk this just came to me right before I fell asleep last night.
And when people return what happens then? "Oh sorry you didnt log on for a month so we sold all your items?" No thanks.

Cat

Eh, I'm not sure. I don't feel like a lot of people permanently quit enough for this to become a regular game feature. A lot of people return to their account anyways, and there would be a lot of upset if they came back and all their items were gone.
On the contrary, there are games that do regular sweeps of the game's inactive accounts so that more usernames are added to the available pool. Still, in those cases the account is still fully redeemable, it's just marked as inactive.
It's a pleasant thought, but I think there are better ways of getting more 'rares' into circulation.

I know that would help put rares back into the economy, but there's a big problem with that: What if they do decide to come back? I took a 10 month break for the game thinking I would never come back and here I am again. If I logged back in to find that I no longer had an account and that all of my things were gone I'd be pretty angry. It's ultimately up to the players if they want to keep their stuff or put it back into the game.

I think if this were ever to happen, the quit players would have to agree that it is okay for their items to be redistributed through a form or something, but the previously quit players would not have this opportunity if they haven't returned yet. So what is previously lost would stay lost. The players that do agree to this though must accept that if they ever do return, they will have to restart (which isn't really a motive for returning lol)

Good idea from an idea standpoint, but I see it as greedy and I wouldn't want it implemented. GTA V does this and I was livid when they took my Bugatti away from me after I was gone for a few months...

HaleighRose

Shut up, and dance with me!
For this to work without upsetting people who come back, the player has the deactivate the account themsleves then agree to the terms of their stuff being given away.

Oh god no I didn't mean we just wiped people if they were inactive or if they didn't choose for it to happen. I meant if they knew that it would be better if there was no temptation. I didn't mean it in an offensive way. It would be a choice.[DOUBLEPOST=1428511380][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I used the wrong hear so you all can ignore that please

Last edited:

Metaphor

Official Iron Can
I guess if they contacted the staff asking to permanently deactivate their accounts instead of just announcing they're "quitting" just to come back a week later. While I would never do this, having it as an option isn't an awful idea.