help me understand

Kirllan

Forever Noob!
2 days has transpired for this Dreams Month events and I just wish I understood what players are doing standing around like it is some Host Hunt or something. Did anyone read the newsletter on quote 'The Best Way to win'?

What’s the best way to win a Dreams prize? Just be yourself! Play your favorite VMK games, hang out in your favorite public areas, and create fun and fantastic rooms. Just be you and maybe your VMK dreams will come true! (quoted from this month's newsletter)

Does everyone want to spend 2 hours per event just standing around looking silly? The newsletter made it clear not to waste time during the event time, so why is everyone doing just that? I would love to hang out in a trade room during the event but there are no trade rooms because everyone is just standing idle by waiting for Host and even if they enter the room you are in there is a random chance you will win either way. The Staff wrote this in the newsletter so we won't spend 2 boring hours in a public room just waiting for a Host. So let's all stop this time wasting and do what we always do in MyVMK. This is not a rant, it is just an observation. Unless someone heard otherwise from a MyVMK Staff I am going to follow what the newsletter says. If I am wrong, then help me understand.

I get what you're saying. I personally share the same perspective. I say have fun, talk, trade or at least try as you will, though. Unfortunately not everyone has the same mentality, apparently. Quite boring to stare at the screen doing nothing and waiting for something to happen when you can actually be engaging in the game, chatting/trading with fellow players. Usually the best happens when you least expect it anyway. Sometimes it's better not to try too hard or care too much about something that isn't so important anyway.

Dempsey

who want lasanga?!
i hate being in a public room with 20 other people and nobody is talking, lol

I think one way the hosts can inspire this is giving dream prizes for games or coming into guest rooms more often. Really only one or two guest rooms have been visited at this point and who wants to play games if there is prizes to be won? So far really the only way to earn prizes has been standing in rooms.

Last night me and like four other people hung out in Adventureland and I discovered that one of them is a fan of Spiderman/Andrew Garfield. We spent the rest of night talking about that xD It was fun.

I am trying to talk to people, but they are either afk or just complain about how the hosts haven't given them stuff. I haven't gotten any dream items yet, but I am not complaining. Last night I was in a room that the host came in and gave everyone but me the dream ears. Yes, I would love to have the ears, but I didn't get them. Complaining or getting mad at the hosts isn't going to make them give you dream items faster. Calm down and just hang out with the people in your room. I have met a lot of nice people old/new friends just by starting up a conversation. We have an entire month to get dream items. Enjoy the people you are with and the time you are playing this game. Please be more appreciative than complaining about not getting what you want since that never gets you anywhere. Thank you and sorry for the little rant, lol :P

I agree, but if you go into the right public room, it can be fun. Yesterday, myself and a bunch of other people were in the emporium and we formed a square around esmeralda and asked her to help our dreams come true. we had fun with it. and hosts do go into guest rooms as well, so if no one has a trade room going, maybe try and start your own? Idk. I agree, we do waste 2 hours, but everyone wants a dream prize... so we all do it. lol.

Amy

Head Administrator
I think one way the hosts can inspire this is giving dream prizes for games or coming into guest rooms more often. Really only one or two guest rooms have been visited at this point and who wants to play games if there is prizes to be won? So far really the only way to earn prizes has been standing in rooms.
The rooms are selected at random by the online rooms with a command. The rooms have to meet certain conditions, and because everyone is packed into public rooms guest rooms will rarely show up.

I have only been here around a month.....and didn't have very many friends until this event. I have made more friends and had more fun visiting with people in the public rooms because of this event. I think everyone plays the way they are comfortable....if you like to wander and play thats awesome! But standing in a room visiting and cheering for the winners feels like the old vmk. :)

Elle

Last night me and like four other people hung out in Adventureland and I discovered that one of them is a fan of Spiderman/Andrew Garfield. We spent the rest of night talking about that xD It was fun.
It was soooo much fun lol <3
We totally should do it again one of these days haha XD

But I agree with others, if no one is talking, then make conversation. Usually people go afk, but there are some nice people who will talk to you. just gotta hang with the right crowd.

I am trying to talk to people, but they are either afk or just complain about how the hosts haven't given them stuff. I haven't gotten any dream items yet, but I am not complaining. Last night I was in a room that the host came in and gave everyone but me the dream ears. Yes, I would love to have the ears, but I didn't get them. Complaining or getting mad at the hosts isn't going to make them give you dream items faster. Calm down and just hang out with the people in your room. I have met a lot of nice people old/new friends just by starting up a conversation. We have an entire month to get dream items. Enjoy the people you are with and the time you are playing this game. Please be more appreciative than complaining about not getting what you want since that never gets you anywhere. Thank you and sorry for the little rant, lol :P
You always try and get a game of I spy going xD I did that last night too.
It was soooo much fun lol <3
We totally should do it again one of these days haha XD

But I agree with others, if no one is talking, then make conversation. Usually people go afk, but there are some nice people who will talk to you. just gotta hang with the right crowd.
ELLLIIEEEEEEE! xD

aliceblue

The rooms are selected at random by the online rooms with a command. The rooms have to meet certain conditions, and because everyone is packed into public rooms guest rooms will rarely show up.
Would it be possible to tell us at least one or two of those conditions? I know the selections are random, but if, for instance, public or private rooms with only one player are automatically excluded, that might help us choose our activities wisely during the event time slots.

Well that is good to know... so essentially the flooding of public rooms is throwing off the program.

That definitely gives me some hope for the guest rooms.

Lindsay

My friend was anti event last night and so she hosted a cute or boot game with only 4 players. We had a host come in and give away a prize, so you'll need at least 5 people (maybe fewer idk) but guests rooms are chosen.

Hah people view life as prizes and winning.
Bro, add some people into that solution and you'll be happier