HELP! My Contest Room is glitched!

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
Ok, i am SUPER frustrated and that is saying something cause I am usually really easy going! I have sent in 3 help reports to staff since yesterday and NO reply. My contest room is completely glitched up and the contest deadline is REALLY soon. I am freaking out that i won't be able to finish it to the point i want to scream! I have tried everything to get my room to work. I have refreshed a handful of times and no matter what i do it keeps glitching up. I freeze when i go in there and my inventory button and map button won't work when I enter the room! PLEASE help! Any staff.. anybody at all?

Unfortunately it's a bug/glitch that is happening and there isn't anything staff can do about it right now. It has happened to me 2 times. I had to just rebuild it both times. I am sorry your going through that. I know how frustrating it can be. There's a lot of different bugs/glitches going on in game right now. Poor staff is going crazy with them all. I am sure if there is something they can do they will :)

waterfallglow

I've seen a couple other people's rooms do this. Maybe you have a lot of furni in it and it crashes you?
Yes, I hit the item room limit at 500 items yesterday but i took lots of items to help with that. I have a feel though it is because many of my items are overlapping such as my water rugs are overlapping a lot. I am not sure though if that is it. I can't even go there now to store some of those items cause it's freezing. >__<[DOUBLEPOST=1482260258][/DOUBLEPOST]
Unfortunately it's a bug/glitch that is happening and there isn't anything staff can do about it right now. It has happened to me 2 times. I had to just rebuild it both times. I am sorry your going through that. I know how frustrating it can be. There's a lot of different bugs/glitches going on in game right now. Poor staff is going crazy with them all. I am sure if there is something they can do they will :)
-hugs- Thank you for your support. Those who know me know how easy going I am so this is unusual for me to get this frustrated. I do not want to have to clear the room and start completely over with the deadline so close but am worried I might have to. :(

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I know how you feel how to rebuild mine to. It was a mess and very hard to rebuild. What I would suggest. One load all your items before you go into the room. Then take out one of one at a time before you freeze. I am having the same issues. The game is extremely glitchy right now. With inventory freezing ect. I truly feel for you because I have had to do it and it is not fun. Especially with all the stuff needed to get done for Christmas.

waterfallglow

I know how you feel how to rebuild mine to. It was a mess and very hard to rebuild. What I would suggest. One load all your items before you go into the room. Then take out one of one at a time before you freeze. I am having the same issues. The game is extremely glitchy right now. With inventory freezing ect. I truly feel for you because I have had to do it and it is not fun. Especially with all the stuff needed to get done for Christmas.
Thanks belle! :) I finally caved and cleared my room. Took me a few hours to rebuild which actually took less time than i thought it would. Anyway, my room is glitching up again even after the rebuild but was able to finish it thankfully. Here is the link to my finished contest room thread:

http://forums.myvmk.com/threads/float-waterfallglow.65347/

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
Ok, i am SUPER frustrated and that is saying something cause I am usually really easy going! I have sent in 3 help reports to staff since yesterday and NO reply. My contest room is completely glitched up and the contest deadline is REALLY soon. I am freaking out that i won't be able to finish it to the point i want to scream! I have tried everything to get my room to work. I have refreshed a handful of times and no matter what i do it keeps glitching up. I freeze when i go in there and my inventory button and map button won't work when I enter the room! PLEASE help! Any staff.. anybody at all?
We're very sorry this is happening to you and a few others. It is a bug in the game and there's not much we can do to fix it as of now. The best thing you can do to prevent this sort of thing from happening is DO NOT get too close to the room limit and PRELOAD your room! This will load the room before you even enter it and keep the lag down a bit. The command to do this, if you haven't already is !preload. It will say (True) if its on and you've done it correctly. I hope this helps a tiny bit. :halcyon::paw:

waterfallglow

We're very sorry this is happening to you and a few others. It is a bug in the game and there's not much we can do to fix it as of now. The best thing you can do to prevent this sort of thing from happening is DO NOT get too close to the room limit and PRELOAD your room! This will load the room before you even enter it and keep the lag down a bit. The command to do this, if you haven't already is !preload. It will say (True) if its on and you've done it correctly. I hope this helps a tiny bit. :halcyon::paw:
:) Thank you Nala! I am not really as frustrated anymore. I was thankfully able to finish my room finally. I cleared my room and rebuilt it. It glitched up again even after the rebuild but again was thankfully able to finish it. I acually did not know about "preload" but will remember that for the future. Thanks again! I know staff are doing the best than can with what they are able to do. I am not one to usually complain about VMK. -hugs hugs- :cloud9:

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I was only at 404 and had preload and my whole room collapsed again. Worse this time because my incoming teleporter got put back in my inventory. It has been done since the first week and this is heart breaking for many of us. Hugs. Especially with so much to do before Christmas I and many do not have time to keep spending countless hours on rebuilding it.

Update. A Myvmk Christmas Miracle of sorts. I logged off. Cleared my cookies and it was all back except for toy olaf. So Maybe that might be a hint. I had done lots of JC and had not logged off and visited rooms. So before you start rebuilding. Try that.

Last edited:

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
I was only at 404 and had preload and my whole room collapsed again. Worse this time because my incoming teleporter got put back in my inventory. It has been done since the first week and this is heart breaking for many of us. Hugs. Especially with so much to do before Christmas I and many do not have time to keep spending countless hours on rebuilding it.

Update. A Myvmk Christmas Miracle of sorts. I logged off. Cleared my cookies and it was all back except for toy olaf. So Maybe that might be a hint. I had done lots of JC and had not logged off and visited rooms. So before you start rebuilding. Try that.
I'm so sorry this happened but I'm glad to see it fixed itself!! Hopefully we can find a fix to this soon.. Maybe those having this problem should take a screenshot of their finished room, in case it glitches and everything is a mess again, we'll still have that picture as proof and can still judge the room. :hug: