Help

CandyCars

So I was going to enter the egg contest, and I have an idea for my egg, and have the image, but I don't know how to edit it into egg template. Anyone able to help?

Thanks!!

@CandyCars ..... do you know how to use layers? When I work in PSP I use layers for everything and then when its saved...is compressed into a single layer.

Yes the template is what Amy put up.

Mitochondria

is the powerhouse of the cell
Super easy way to do it in Photoshop! It's a layer mask!

1. Size your image down to overlap the egg edges a little
2. Make sure the image is on one layer and the egg on another
3. Put the image layer above the egg layer
4. Press alt on your keyboard (or I believe the command key on the Mac, I'd look this up!)
5. While holding down the key put your mouse on the line between the two layers (the cursor should change to what looks like a Ven diagram on its side)
6. Click.
7. Adjust accordingly. Once the layer is made you can move it around and scale as needed! It will only show up in the eggs area!

Need any more help just ask me! I'm Adobe certified in Photoshop and I work with it every day!

CandyCars

@CandyCars ..... do you know how to use layers? When I work in PSP I use layers for everything and then when its saved...is compressed into a single layer.

Yes the template is what Amy put up.
Super easy way to do it in Photoshop! It's a layer mask!

1. Size your image down to overlap the egg edges a little
2. Make sure the image is on one layer and the egg on another
3. Put the image layer above the egg layer
4. Press alt on your keyboard (or I believe the command key on the Mac, I'd look this up!)
5. While holding down the key put your mouse on the line between the two layers (the cursor should change to what looks like a Ven diagram on its side)
6. Click.
7. Adjust accordingly. Once the layer is made you can move it around and scale as needed! It will only show up in the eggs area!

Need any more help just ask me! I'm Adobe certified in Photoshop and I work with it every day!
I am using the free 90-day trial and I can't seem to figure out how to get the layers to work. When I click layers at top it won't let me select any of them.

PudgeTheFish

@CandyCars This is because u need to hit the checkmark on the top right of the photoshop thing....... There is a Check and and X...LMK if you can't find it..

PudgeTheFish

oh.. I THOUGHT U MEANT LAYERS IN PHOTOSHOP!! MY BAD![DOUBLEPOST=1427989000][/DOUBLEPOST]Click "create" top right?

Mitochondria

is the powerhouse of the cell
Oh! Elements doesn't have a lot of the 'professional' features in photoshop CC, and one of those features is unfortunately layer mask :cry: