"Here Since Day One" Badge?

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the "Here Since Day One" badge available for the first month the game was open?

I thought it was a little mean of OVMK that the badge was only available to those who got online on the first few days given the server trouble and player cap that was in effect at the time. Also, not everyone knew about the game until it started to gather attention on social media.

The badge didn't literally represent players being on the game since its very first day but that they had been on it since near enough the very start... I guess what I'm trying to say is that MMK should keep with VMK's very first limited edition release rules and make it available for everyone who registers in the first month of the game's release. Just to keep with VMK's rules.

Pirate

✧☠ Marvel Princess ☠✧
I don't think the badge is as special if it's there for a month. I think if they want a badge for logging on a month later it should be a "Here from first month" badge.

booglie

I think having it available for the first 10 days seems like a reasonable compromise. That way it is special yet still easily attainable.

booglie said:
I think having it available for the first 10 days seems like a reasonable compromise. That way it is special yet still easily attainable.
I get that but it's not about it being more or less special... it's about keeping MMK true to the original game. Some thing's can be changed for the benefit of the community but I don't see how shortening the time limit for the badge benefits anyone but the elitist players who know that they will get the badge and want to reduce the number of other people from getting it so they can appear to be better in some way.

Kevin said:
This is coming back.
Thanks for this Kevin but what does this mean exactly? Will it be available for the first month again?

disneyfacts

cheeringmuffin said:
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the "Here Since Day One" badge available for the first month the game was open?

I thought it was a little mean of OVMK that the badge was only available to those who got online on the first few days given the server trouble and player cap that was in effect at the time. Also, not everyone knew about the game until it started to gather attention on social media.

The badge didn't literally represent players being on the game since its very first day but that they had been on it since near enough the very start... I guess what I'm trying to say is that MMK should keep with VMK's very first limited edition release rules and make it available for everyone who registers in the first month of the game's release. Just to keep with VMK's rules.
If I remember correctly, in VMK all beta testers got the Day One badge, as Day One was actually the first day VMK fully opened, not just beta (which was a little more than a month).
Also, a side note. I don't know if you know about this site (probably do though), but here's a link to a great resource for VMK info: http://www.disneyonlineworlds.com/index.php/VMK
It has all the items, rooms, games, releases and more related to VMK

disneyfacts said:
cheeringmuffin said:

If I remember correctly, in VMK all beta testers got the Day One badge, as Day One was actually the first day VMK fully opened, not just beta (which was a little more than a month).
Also, a side note. I don't know if you know about this site (probably do though), but here's a link to a great resource for VMK info: http://www.disneyonlineworlds.com/index.php/VMK
Once again that site does not have everything. It's not the best source the only difference between this one and others is that this one has pictures.

disneyfacts

Silence said:
disneyfacts said:
cheeringmuffin said:

Once again that site does not have everything. It's not the best source the only difference between this one and others is that this one has pictures.
Could you post an example? Not saying you're wrong, but the pictures are a major advantage compared to others, as well as a better arrangement of info.

Krista said:
Maybe there can be two seperate badges, Day 1 and Beta tester?

That way the first week, those of us who play get a Day 1 badge. But those of us who can't get on for awhile, and are still part of beta testing, get a "beta tester" badge.
i like that idea they should totally do that

Krista said:

That way the first week, those of us who play get a Day 1 badge. But those of us who can't get on for awhile, and are still part of beta testing, get a "beta tester" badge.
i like this idea a lot however there is no beta badge so maybe an exclusive pin??

Krista

laffinglessons said:
Krista said:

i like this idea a lot however there is no beta badge so maybe an exclusive pin??
If they can't make a beta badge, then an exclusive pin would be good, yes.

Agreed, what's the point of a first day badge when it's so difficult to achieve when it's a hit and miss for whether or not you can even get online. That part is true. HOWEVER, for people to sit there and ask for the badge to be available the first 48 hours or more is absurd. Why? The badge is called FIRST DAY, nothing more, nothing less.

First day = 24 hours.

As long as there are no server/connection issues, i'm happy with it being the first 24 hours. If there are issues with connecting to the game to even acquire the badge, then yeah, i'll have a problem with the first day badge being obtained by the lucky few who obtained it solely by chance.